RE: DCAT team telecon 2018-01-31

Thanks, Simon.

I took the liberty of creating the relevant meeting page on the wiki:

https://www.w3.org/2017/dxwg/wiki/Meetings:DCAT-Telecon2018.01.31

I have a couple of comments about the agenda:

Agenda item #3 (Actions from last meeting): I wonder whether the tracker still does not record actions created via the #dxwgdcat IRC channel (I mentioned this problem on the mailing list [1]).

My understanding is that, to make this happen, the #dxwgdcat channel should be included in the list of "ICR channel"'s in the tracker's configuration page:

https://www.w3.org/2017/dxwg/track/options

A provisional fix could be to follow the instructions at [2], and type in IRC these commands every time we start a meeting:

/invite trackbot #dxwgdcat
trackbot, associate this channel with #dxwg

Action 4.b (Review DCAT requirements): I wonder whether we could briefly discuss the question I posted here:

https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/76#issuecomment-359124922

I include it below for your convenience:

[[
About agent roles, I have a punctual proposal which is about relaxing the domain of dcat:contactPoint, to allow its use not only for datasets, but also for other resources (e.g., catalogues, catalogue records).

This issue popped up during the development of GeoDCAT-AP, since all the agent roles (dcat:contactPoint included) supported in ISO 19115 can be specified for any resource.

Besides this, the "contact point" is probably the most important role for data consumers, not only for datasets. For instance, for a dcat:Catalog it is possible to specify the dct:publisher, but if I need to ask questions and/or report issues about the catalogue I need to get in touch with the publisher's dedicated contact point.

I wonder whether this (and similar revisions to DCAT) requires the creation of a separate use case.
]]

Thanks!

Andrea

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-dxwg-wg/2018Jan/0063.html
[2] https://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc

----
Andrea Perego, Ph.D.
Scientific / Technical Project Officer
European Commission DG JRC
Directorate B - Growth and Innovation
Unit B6 - Digital Economy
Via E. Fermi, 2749 - TP 262
21027 Ispra VA, Italy

https://ec.europa.eu/jrc/

----
The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may
not in any circumstances be regarded as stating an official
position of the European Commission.