Re: [dxwg] Requirement: Profiles may be written in or may link to a document or schema in a validation language (ShEx, SHACL, XMLschema). [ID41] (5.41)

From: Simon Cox via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2018 06:17:06 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
> whether subclasses of Resource are disjoint

I believe that OWL semantics would say that sub-classes are _not_ disjoint unless that is specifically axiomatized. Here's the kind of thing I have in mind though -

![dcat:Resource sub-classes](https://raw.githubusercontent.com/w3c/dxwg/gh-pages/dcat/UML/Resources.png)

Depending on how one feels about 'hijacking' you may be more or less unhappy about the sub-class relationship between `dct:Standard` and `dcat:Resource`. Personally I don't see a problem - if you want to catalog a standard then it is probably both ...

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/279#issuecomment-417563464 using your GitHub account