Re: [dxwg] Generalize dcat:byteSize to dcat:size

From: Jakub Klímek via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2018 05:56:51 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
@makxdekkers @agbeltran As in #300, I have to say that I do not see the problem in creating an IRI such as `https://mycatalog.com/resource/dataset/XXX/distribution/YYY/size` as and instance of, probably, `https://schema.org/QuantitativeValue`.

1. If I manage `https://mycatalog.com/resource/dataset/XXX/distribution/YYY`, the additional cost of managing `https://mycatalog.com/resource/dataset/XXX/distribution/YYY/size` still seems minimal to me - I probably use a generic method of assuring dereference of IRIs, so it does not matter how many IRIs there are.
2. As to the (re)usability of such IRIs - You never know when someone decides to monitor the size of a given distribution. For them, the IRI would make sense. Nevertheless I admit that the reusability of such IRI will definitely be lower that that of a dataset.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by jakubklimek
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/313#issuecomment-417560067 using your GitHub account