Re: [dxwg] Requirement: Profiles may be written in or may link to a document or schema in a validation language (ShEx, SHACL, XMLschema). [ID41] (5.41)

From: Rob Atkinson <rob@metalinkage.com.au>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2018 14:48:05 +1000
To: Vladimir Alexiev via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Cc: Dataset Exchange Working Group <public-dxwg-wg@w3.org>
There are two reasons we dont just reuse dcat:Dataset

1. We need to model more aspects of profiles including their relationships
to each other and different possible roles of resources.

2. We decided profile descriptions  are a broader concern than  cataloguing
them.

Thus the alignment between Profiles and dcat:Resources is what we are
concerned about here and perhaps more explicitly whether subclasses of
Resource are disjoint. I'm agnostic whether in the alignment Profile is a
subclass of Resource or Dataset... but for backwards compatability could we
add a note and example stating that a Profile MAY be considered as a
dataset of constraint objects?