From: Svensson, Lars <L.Svensson@dnb.de>
Sent: 12 April 2018 16:31
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
Subject: Discussion points for the Profiles Guidance Document

All,

I again had a look at Rob's proposal for a RDF vocabulary for profiles [1] and added a graph to the Application-Profiles Wiki page [5] showing how I understand the DCAT-AP example. I hope this is useful for the discussion.

Then I created three issues related to the Profile Guidance Document. The first is a proposal for the document structure [2] and the two others are about terminology: Do we call the implementation of a profile using a certain technology (e. g. a SHACL document or an XML Schema) a "schema" and how do we define that term [3] and "What is a formalism" [4].

Comments are most welcome.

[1] used to be at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/blob/roba-profile/dcat/rdf/profile.ttl but is now gone, one of the examples is in the wiki at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/wiki/Application-profiles

[2] https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/196

[3] https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/195

[4] https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/194

[5] https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/wiki/Application-profiles

Best,

Lars

This email has been received from an external party and has been swept for the presence of computer viruses.

This e-mail (and any files or other attachments transmitted with it) is intended solely for the attention of the addressee(s). Unauthorised use, disclosure, storage, copying or distribution of any part of this e-mail is not permitted. If you are not the intended recipient please destroy the email, remove any copies from your system and inform the sender immediately by return.

Communications with the Scottish Government may be monitored or recorded in order to secure the effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes. The views or opinions contained within this e-mail may not necessarily reflect those of the Scottish Government.

Tha am post-d seo (agus faidhle neo ceanglan còmhla ris) dhan neach neo luchd-ainmichte a-mhàin. Chan eil e ceadaichte a chleachdadh ann an dòigh sam bith, a’ toirt a-steach còraichean, foillseachadh neo sgaoileadh, gun chead. Ma ’s e is gun d’fhuair sibh seo gun fhiosd’, bu choir cur às dhan phost-d agus lethbhreac sam bith air an t-siostam agaibh agus fios a leigeil chun neach a sgaoil am post-d gun dàil.

Dh’fhaodadh gum bi teachdaireachd sam bith bho Riaghaltas na h-Alba air a chlàradh neo air a sgrùdadh airson dearbhadh gu bheil an siostam ag obair gu h-èifeachdach neo airson adhbhar laghail eile. Dh’fhaodadh nach  eil beachdan anns a’ phost-d seo co-ionann ri beachdan Riaghaltas na h-Alba.