Re: Organizing Use Cases for F2F / Agenda proposal

Dear Makx,  and all,

The following  SPARQL  query should help in the analysis you are suggesting
( see http://yasgui.org/short/Hy8HtaVS-  for a nicer view). It counts the
use of properties for DCAT Entities.

PREFIX rdf: <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#>
PREFIX dcat: <http://www.w3.org/ns/dcat#>
PREFIX dct: <http://purl.org/dc/terms/>

SELECT  ?prop (Count( distinct ?sub) as ?numOfDCATEntityUsingTheProperty)
 WHERE {
  {
  ?sub a  dcat:Dataset;
  ?prop ?obj.
  } union
  {
  ?sub a dcat:Distribution;
  ?prop ?obj.
  } union
  {
  ?sub a  dcat:Catalog;
  ?prop ?obj.
  }Union
  {
  ?sub a dcat:CatalogRecord;
  ?prop ?obj.
  }
} Group by  ?prop

For example,
If I try the above query on the
https://www.europeandataportal.eu/sparql-manager/en/, it returns  the
following results

prop,numOfDCATEntityUsingTheProperty
http://purl.org/dc/terms/conformsTo,75482
http://purl.org/dc/terms/provenance,414727
http://www.w3.org/ns/adms#identifier,749805
http://www.w3.org/ns/dcat#themeTaxonomy,79
http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/primaryTopic,749805
http://purl.org/dc/terms/temporal,99731
http://www.w3.org/ns/adms#status,749805
http://www.w3.org/ns/dcat#byteSize,13568
http://spdx.org/rdf/terms#checksum,6507
http://purl.org/dc/terms/publisher,309489
http://purl.org/dc/terms/language,418733
http://www.w3.org/ns/dcat#theme,453902
http://purl.org/dc/terms/relation,1
http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#type,2418170
http://purl.org/dc/terms/modified,1367877
http://purl.org/dc/terms/format,105731
http://purl.org/dc/terms/issued,1143662
http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/homepage,18
http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/page,74839
http://www.w3.org/ns/dcat#mediaType,240863
http://www.w3.org/ns/dcat#accessURL,909707
http://purl.org/dc/terms/accrualPeriodicity,342936
http://www.w3.org/ns/dcat#distribution,367600
http://purl.org/dc/terms/spatial,527782
http://purl.org/dc/terms/rights,67717
http://purl.org/dc/terms/description,1256889
http://www.w3.org/ns/dcat#contactPoint,332807
http://www.w3.org/ns/dcat#keyword,701558
http://www.w3.org/ns/dcat#landingPage,281865
http://www.w3.org/ns/dcat#downloadURL,239767
http://purl.org/dc/terms/title,1457491
http://www.w3.org/ns/dcat#record,77
http://purl.org/dc/terms/license,253977
http://purl.org/dc/terms/identifier,749707
http://www.w3.org/ns/dcat#dataset,75

Cheers,
Riccardo

On 13 July 2017 at 11:11, Makx Dekkers <mail@makxdekkers.com> wrote:

> Jaroslav, Karen,
>
> It is indeed good to consider actual usage of DCAT in real life.
>
> >From my point of view, it would be really interesting to have a
> statistical analysis on the use of the various elements of DCAT. There are
> large collections of DCAT data available for analysis -- for example
> https://www.europeandataportal.eu/ makes available descriptions of
> three-quarters of a million datasets in DCAT through their SPARQL endpoint.
> It's just a matter of someone having the time and resources to do such an
> analysis.
>
> For a list of countries and organisations in Europe that have DCAT
> profiles already in operation, see https://ec.europa.eu/isa2/
> solutions/dcat-application-profile-data-portals-europe_en.
>
> Makx.

Riccardo Albertoni
Istituto per la Matematica Applicata e Tecnologie Informatiche "Enrico
Magenes"
Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche
via de Marini 6 - 16149 GENOVA - ITALIA
tel. +39-010-6475624 - fax +39-010-6475660
e-mail: Riccardo.Albertoni@ge.imati.cnr.it
Skype: callto://riccardoalbertoni/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/riccardoalbertoni
www: *http://www.imati.cnr.it/ <http://www.imati.cnr.it/>*