Re: Start of profiles analysis page - 2nd reply

In my mind, the conneg bit that's needed is about adding the ability to
negotiate not the profile itself but the distribution (of a dataset)
that supports a preferred profile. So, if I work in a community that
tends to release data conforming to a profile called astrodcat, and
other people use one called fitsprof, I can build my data harvester to
negotiate for distributions that conform to astrodcat rather than
fitsprof. People who publish astro data could make both astrodcat and
fitsprof distributions of the data available.

Content negotiation already has the capability to handle the case of
requesting a copy of astrodcat itself as astrodcat.rdf vs astrodcat.xml
vs astrodcat.json.

-Annette

--
Annette Greiner