Re: DWBP vocabularies and annotations

Hi Eric,
First, let me say that I realized today I have been reading the graph wrong. I didn't realize that the closed arrows were indicating a subclass. So, I think we're actually on the same page regarding feedback. But I do think that other types of usage that people would want to report make sense as annotations as well. I guess I'm thinking of annotations as a generally useful construct for this because they form a type of formal reference back to the original that doesn't exist elsewhere on the web. Since I believe a major goal of the vocabulary is to enable users of data to report that usage back to publishers in a way that the publishers can find, I see annotations as a mechanism for allowing that sort of reference. I think publishers would be interested in being made aware of all the types of use we're considering, so that makes me think perhaps they should all be defined as some type of annotation. I also like that annotations already have a way to record provenance.
What do you think?
-Annette