Re: Excel??!!

Indeed removing XLS for being a proprietary format (I also suggest to
replace by ODS then) is a little bit inconsistent with leaving " to have
the necessary tools to parse proprietary or (preferably) non-proprietary
data formats" in the text.
On the other hand, there are certain proprietary formats that are industry
de-facto standards and have no clear replacement (e.g. SHP). Then, what
about splitting this in too, one BP about machine-readable and standardized
formats and other about non-proprietary formats?

Best,
 CI.

--
---