Re: on the relation between DWBP Best Practices Document and the Linked Data Best Practices Working Group Note of GLD

From: Bernadette Farias Lóscio <bfl@cin.ufpe.br>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 13:53:55 -0300
To: João Paulo Almeida <jpalmeida@ieee.org>
Cc: DWBP WG <public-dwbp-wg@w3.org>
Hi João Paulo,

If we're gonna publish now, then I'd like to make one comment about
your proposal.

I am not sure if we can say that "the practices extend the work
performed earlier in the Government Linked Data Working Group
[LD-BP]". I don't think that we extend a previous work. I suggest to
remove the first sentence.

> Hi Bernadette,
> I sent this out already to the whole group, and there was no reaction. I
> would like this to be incorporated because our readers may be confused
> without this!
> I don¹t find it particularly polemic because it was mostly derived from
> our charter.
> Best regards,
> João Paulo
> On 22/1/15, 2:07 PM, "Bernadette Farias Lóscio" <bfl@cin.ufpe.br> wrote:
>>Hello João Paulo,
>>Thanks! I liked your proposal, but I think we should discuss this with
>>the group. So, I suggest to include the paragraph in the next version
>>of the BP Document. Is it for you?
>>> The practices recommended in this document build on and extend the work
>>> performed earlier in the Government Linked Data Working Group [LD-BP].
>>> It is intended to serve a more general purpose than the practices
>>>suggested in
>>> [LD-BP] since it is domain-independent and whilst it recommends the use
>>> Linked Data, it also promotes best practices for data on the web in
>>> such as CSV and JSON. Best practices recommended in this document, in
>>> particular those related to the use of vocabularies incorporate
>>> that stem from [LD-BP] where appropriate. While [LD-BP] was published
>>>in its
>>> final version by the Government Linked Data Working Group as a Working
>>> Note, the charter of the Data on the Web Best Practices (DWBP) Working
>>> advances that this document should be published ultimately as a W3C
>>> Recommendation.
>>> [LD-BP]
>>> Bernadette Hyland; Ghislain Auguste Atemezing; Boris Villazón-Terrazas.
>>> Practices for Publishing Linked Data. 9 January 2014. W3C Note. URL:
>>> http://www.w3.org/TR/ld-bp/
>>> I believe it should go under ³Status of This Document².
>>> Best regards,
>>> João Paulo
>>Bernadette Farias Lóscio
>>Centro de Informática
>>Universidade Federal de Pernambuco - UFPE, Brazil

Bernadette Farias Lóscio
Centro de Informática