Re: Discrepancy in DWBP W3C First Public Working Draft 24 February 2015

Hi Lewis,

The link you highlight points to a frag id at the end of the latest
version URL of the UCR doc. When we publish the next iteration of the UCR
doc, the hyperlink will still work, even though it will return an updated
doc.

There is no direct connection between Github and the published docs. The
latter are generated snapshots that are copied and stored/served as static
docs that won't change. We publish new versions that supersede, improve
upon and correct, but the previous versions remaon available. Look at any
w3.org/TR doc and click back through the previous version links if you
want to test this.

There will be errors in these docs. We'll correct these - and no doubt add
in new ones - in the coming months.

HTH

Phil

> I understand that.
> I meant for this being a live working document even though we have
> published a revision of the document we can still continue to improve it.
> I like to think of documents like this as source code. It is by no means a
> full recommendation IMHO. It can;t be if I’ve just identified a minor
> discrepancy which none of us noticed during review.
> We are after all storing the document within a SCM system!
> This relates exactly to the point I raised at last weeks meeting where I
> asked about the process for continuous development of the working document
> based on feedback we will be receiving over the next while and into the
> future.
> So am I right in saying that we are continuing to develop the working
> document based off of the master branch in the github repos?
> Thanks
> lewis
>

> Dr. Lewis John McGibbney Ph.D., B.Sc., MAGU
> Engineering Applications Software Engineer Level 2
> Computer Science for Data Intensive Systems Group 398M
> Jet Propulsion Laboratory
> California Institute of Technology
> 4800 Oak Grove Drive
> Pasadena, California 91109-8099
> Mail Stop : 158-256C
> Tel:  (+1) (818)-393-7402
> Cell: (+1) (626)-487-3476
> Fax:  (+1) (818)-393-1190
> Email: lewis.j.mcgibbney@jpl.nasa.gov
>
>            [cid:163B72FA-E8A7-4797-BDDE-71C222B1AFA1]
>
>  Dare Mighty Things
>
> From: Bernadette Farias Lóscio <bfl@cin.ufpe.br<mailto:bfl@cin.ufpe.br>>
> Date: Tuesday, February 24, 2015 at 2:01 PM
> To: Lewis John McGibbney
> <lewis.j.mcgibbney@jpl.nasa.gov<mailto:lewis.j.mcgibbney@jpl.nasa.gov>>
> Subject: Re: Discrepancy in DWBP W3C First Public Working Draft 24
> February 2015
>
> ok, I understand! yes, you can do this, but the FPWD was published already
> :( I think it won't be possible to change this now.
>
> thanks!
> Bernadette

> <Lewis.J.Mcgibbney@jpl.nasa.gov<mailto:Lewis.J.Mcgibbney@jpl.nasa.gov>>:
> Hi Bernadette,
>
> Yes, it should be [1].
>
> OK
>

> I'm sorry, but what do you mean by "If yes I can submit a PR." ?
>

> The document is being managed on Github right?
> So I am suggesting that I can send the trivial pull request to update the
> working document if this would be helpful.
> Up to you.
> Lewis
>

> --
> Bernadette Farias Lóscio
> Centro de Informática
> Universidade Federal de Pernambuco - UFPE, Brazil

Sent from my phone. Please excuse typos.