Re: Brainstorming data quality needs within the Dataset Usage Vocabulary.

Hi Eric,

(I'm evacuating the DCAT issue - to me it's not really worth discussing here, it's more a meta-requirement and anyway we already said that we should base our work on DCAT...)

> I was thinking that the data quality vocabulary would support objective metrics, subjective metrics, and qualified opinions on the dataset as well.

I agree that the Q&G voc should allow for opinions/rates, this is already in our requirements. What I disapproved with was to include in scope right now the idea of 'rating the raters'. This would lead us way too far, while we're struggling to capture basic requirements.

On your specific points:

> Proposed example objective metrics on dataset:
> * Consumer DCAT:Dataset usage should be tracked by metrics such as a counter.

This looks like something for the data usage vocabulary.

> Proposed example subjective metrics on dataset:
> * Metrics should be used to rate consumer acceptability for a DCAT:Dataset.

This could be for the quality vocabulary. Well at least for the fact that consumer could express opinions the dataset. I have no clue yet how these opinions would result in metrics.

> Proposed example qualified opinions:
> * Metrics should be used to rate qualifications of consumer providing opinions about a DCAT:Dataset

The wording is unclear to me, but this reads like 'rating the raters' so would be out-of-scope.

cheers,

Antoine