Re: Semantic pingback

Hi Tim,

Oh! I did not notice you were behind that proposal so, see, I was not just
trying to be polite saying this is a good idea ;-)

Do you think we could generalise the PROV Pingback into something that
could be a general SemanticWeb Pingback ?
Or would it maybe be a better idea to stick to (and maybe extend) it to
recommend that pingbacks are always handled via the PROV framework ?
Actually, I think I would prefer this last option.

@Everyone: which BP document should pick this up ? Yaso's BP on technical
considerations for commercial exploitation sounds like a good match to me
but we could also consider this to be a data preservation issue and use
pingbacks as a way to inform consumers when data changes or go off-line. Or
maybe is there an other better match in another document ?

Regards,
Christophe