Re: BP Guidelines

Great effort.  Some random thoughts and comments:

1.  Are worst practices always the absence of a specific or generic best
practice?

2.  Do we have use case examples of worst or absent practices?

3.  Could we think about a maturity scale of practices from 0 to 5 or 7 so
as to provide users with an understanding of where they are today and what
they need to do to improve?

See this as an example of what I mean.  This is the IBM Data Governance
Maturity Model my Council of 55 companies created in 2006-11.  It has 11
categories and many sub categories over 5 levels of maturity.

It is all Open Source today, and you can click on any of the links here to
see the underlying content.

http://www.infogovcommunity.com/blog/classification-metadata/

You have to register on the site to see this, but everyone can use
anything here for our BP work.  This goes farther that technical BP, but
it is not specific to Data Governance and we may find many examples here
we can re-use.

Best Regards,

Steve

Motto: "Do First, Think, Do it Again"