Re: BP Guidelines

Hello Antoine,

Thanks for your comments and feedback!

About the guidelines: these are very fine. I would just emphasize too much
> on a strict classification of generic versus specific for now: a best
> practice needs to be as precise as possible. Categorizing best practices in
> advance along that axis seems a bit unnecessary/dangerous now (see the
> question marks as in "Usage information (about resources ?)"). What is
> certainly useful is to clarify the object of the best practice
> (vocabularies, datasets) in the best practice itself.

Yes, maybe we can have just Best Practices without saying that they are
specific or general. When a best practice applies to more than one resource
then it may have specific implementations according to the resource.

Which leads to a couple of other editorial remarks:
> - the datasets BPs are sometimes using the word "data". I know it's fine,
> but better make the word use as stable as possible!
> - the definition of "resource" appears 3 times.
> - you can also make the text more efficient by removing the first "The
> Best Practices that apply to Resources are called General Best Practices."
> (which has its own bullet later).

I'm gonna rewrite the dataset specific best practices, then they will refer
to resources instead of datasets. Let's see if it makes sense...

> I have some comments on the relevant of some links between Requirements
> and BP (for example R-FormatOpen and R-VocabOpen are not exactly the same
> "open" and thus GBP3 is not a match for both). But before that perhaps it's
> better to all agree on the requirements first (it could well be that
> R-FormatOpen and R-VocabOpen have actually the same "open", but their
> description is not precise).

Yes, it could be nice to have an agreement on the requirements first.

> And finally the big question, as I've tried to organize our pointers for
> the data quality work and realized we have two BP pages: what is the
> relation between this newly created BP page
> https://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/wiki/Best_practices_guidelines
> and the previous one created after the F2F meeting
> https://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/wiki/Best_practices_table
> ?

Best practices presented on the page created during the F2F are more
detailed and some of them are very similar. I suggest to group them in the
same way that requirements were grouped. In fact, these best practices are
similar to the use case requirements.

kind regards,
Bernadette

--