Re: DW WG: First call agenda and presentations

Hi,
My name is Daniel Schwabe, I am full professor in Computer Science at the Department of Informatics, PUC-Rio, Brazil, and head of the Tecweb Lab [1]
My main interest is development of Web applications seen as part of men-machine teams that solve problems, using a model-driven approach.
I've been involved with the Semantic Web since its beginnings, studying model-driven methods and implementations architectures that both use Semantic Web formalisms and run using its data.
 is supported by an open source, freely available environment which we have developed,
We have developed an open source, freely available environment  called Synth [2] which supports the  Semantic Hypermedia Design Method (SHDM).
We have participated  in the Model-Based User Interface Interest group, which has recently published two notes [3], and is now superseded by the Ubiquitous Application Design Community Group [4].
I am currently the AC Rep for PUC-Rio in W3C.

Cheers
Daniel

[1] http://www. tecweb.inf.puc-rio.br/
[2] http://www. tecweb.inf.puc-rio.br/Synth
[3]  http://www.w3.org/TR/2014/NOTE-mbui-intro-20140107/
       http://www.w3.org/TR/2014/NOTE-mbui-glossary-20140107/
[4] http://www.w3.org/community/uad/

On Jan 20, 2014, at 19:00  - 20/01/14, Yaso <yaso@nic.br> wrote:

> Hello participants of the Data on the Web Best Practices Working Group!
>
> I'm Yaso, or Yasodara Córdova, one of the chairs of this group. I'm
> writing to confirm our first teleconference, that will be on Friday 24th
> January at 14:00 GMT.
>
> I suggest that you take a look at the Working Group's Wiki [1]. As Phil
> said before useful tools for the work that we are going to develop are
> linked there.
>
> The agenda for the 1st call is also there [2] (and below), the details
> for the conference (zakim number, etc) will be there until 24 before the
> call and we will send to this list as well.
>
> This is the agenda for friday (24th):
>
> Preliminary Items (~20minutes)
> - Who's in the WG
> - Brief presentation of participants
>
> Main Agenda (~35minutes)
> - What participating in the group means
>  - Meetings
>  - F2F Meetings
> - WG procedures (e.g. scribes, scribe/alternate schedule, irc, minutes,
> editors, use of wiki, mailing lists...)
> - What the group is (charter)
> - What do we need to accomplish (deliverables)
>  - What problems we want to solve
>  	- Data on the Web Best Practices
>        - Quality and Granularity Description Vocabulary
>        - Data Usage Description Vocabulary
>  - Who's going to benefit from the results
> - Task Forces
> - Reminders (~5minutes)
>  - Next call
>
> I would like to ask each of you to send a brief presentation to this
> list, antecipating the 20 first minutes of our conference. *For saving
> time ;-)*
>
> Feel free to copy or follow the model of my presentation below:
>
> I graduate in Industrial Design but work with digital tech since I was
> twelve. I'm a UX Designer and developer, with past experience in
> designing digital enviroments to the government, focusing on improving
> direct citizen participation.
>
> Nowadays I work for Brazilian Internet Steering Committee[3], in the W3C
> Brazil Office, and I'm responsible for some projects on Open Data and
> Open Web. My user on GitHub is ~yaso.
>
> For me it's an honor to work with you in this group, and I barely can't
> wait to start the work.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Yaso
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/
> [2] http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/wiki/Main_Page#Agenda
> [3] http://cgi.br/
>
> --
> Brazilian Internet Steering Committee - CGI.br
> W3C Brazil Office
> @yaso - yaso.eu
>
> 55 11 5509-3537 (4025)
> skype: yasocordova

Daniel Schwabe                      Dept. de Informatica, PUC-Rio
Tel:+55-21-3527 1500 r. 4356        R. M. de S. Vicente, 225
Fax: +55-21-3527 1530               Rio de Janeiro, RJ 22453-900, Brasil
http://www.inf.puc-rio.br/~dschwabe