Fw: Palo Alto Ceo's Webinar

Best Regards,

Steve

Motto: "Do First, Think, Do it Again"
----- Forwarded by Steven Adler/Somers/IBM on 02/14/2014 08:36 AM -----

From:
Steven Adler/Somers/IBM
To:
Yaso <yaso@nic.br>
Cc:
DWBP Chairs <member-dwbp-chairs@w3.org>
Date:
02/13/2014 01:32 PM
Re: Palo Alto Ceo's Webinar

Thanks Yaso,

It was a good call that I wish could have lasted another hour.  Some
things I noted:

1.  We can explore the use of URI's for Open Data elements and physical
things in a city that have multiple data elements
2.  Cities are not yet tagging their data with metadata to allow
comparability
3.  There are not yet mechanisms to allow citizens to improve data
completeness
4.  Cities have internal processes for assuring data quality including
sign-offs from IT and public officials but these activities are not
recorded in metadata and provided with the datasets
5.  Cities are not tracing origin and lineage
6.  tuples would be a good way to identify relationships between things
and data elements that could allow machine comparability of data sets in
an internet of things that open data describes

Palo Alto pledged to be a partner with w3C in our WG, which is a great
outcome.

We attracted a good initial audience, but 68 is still very small and I
think we can increase our audience to the hundreds by continuing with
monthly use case calls.

Who has ideas for the next use case presentation?