Re: Data on the Web scope issue

Hi Makx and everyone,

Thanks for starting this interesting discussion.

Another related side-discussion about the scope was the "kind" of data we
should be focusing on. I see current proposals look like quite influenced
by government data envision (e.g. domains, obligations, maybe usage...).
That's not strange because several of us in the group have a strong OGD
background, but I think we should do an extra abstraction effort and try to
avoid focusing exclusively on government data use cases, extending the
scope to data in general.

Also maybe better talk about "motivations" instead "obligations", and I
would never say "fixed" data as every data is usually subject to continuous
updatse and/or modifications (even just for corrections)

Finally, and in relation with the audience topic, I'm wondering whether it
may be worth including another dimension about "potential audience"
(scientist, analysts, tech-people, media, general public, etc) because IMO
this could have a big influence with respect to best practices and how you
should be publishing data.

Best,
 CI.

Carlos Iglesias.