Re: dwbp-ACTION-130: Review issues around ucr and contact individual use case authors to review them in the light of current issues and create relevant actions

Dear Deirdre, Dear All,
  I have added some requirements to LusTRE, you can find the updated
version here [1].

 I'd also  like to share part of the motivations which  have brought me in
adding some new requirements to LusTRE's USE CASE.

I have added

-MultipleRepresentation. LusTRE aims at providing a framework of  thesauri
and codelists,   SKOS/RDF is the only format/representation LusTRE
provides. However, Thesauri and code-lists  that are candidate to be
 included in LuSTRE are not necessarily  in that format in origin.  Often
we need to start  with XML, CSV  and other  formats  in order to
incorporate third parties resources in LusTRE.  We can consider LusTRE  not
only as UCR providing data but also as a  open data consumer, and under
this perspective  we have to deal with MultipleRepresentation.

 -UsageFeedback: It is not considered in the current development of LusTRE,
but it could be considered in a not so far future, for example, feedbacks
might be useful in order to determine which part of the framework should be
extended/improved.

-DatasetVersioning: Versioning is not currently considered in LusTRE, and
it will not be included in the effort  we are doing within the project that
is funding the  LusTRE development. However,  this requirement might make
sense  if we consider a longer term  perspective;

-DatasetEnrichment: LusTRE aims at interlinking provided thesauri and
codelist with third parties thesauri,  in my opinion, interlinking  is a
kind of dataEnrichment, and so this requirement does apply.

 Although some code-list are provided in LusTRE,  at the moment they are
treated  as a special case of thesauri, and I don't feel the Code-lists, as
an additional requirement.

Regards,
Riccardo

[1]
https://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/wiki/Use_Cases#LusTRE:_Linked_Thesaurus_fRamework_for_Environment

On 1 December 2014 at 12:12, Lee, Deirdre <Deirdre.Lee@deri.org> wrote:

>  Hi,
>

> Over the weekend I have been looking at the current use-cases and
> requirements in the UCR doc. To make it easier for us to analyse, I've
> created an RDF file with this data, available here:
> https://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/wiki/Use-Cases_Requirements_RDF
>

> I would ask all use-case authors (I'll email them individually as well) to
> review their use-case for the requirements that are defined by 3 use-cases
> or less.
>
> See the table at
> https://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/wiki/Use-Cases_Requirements_RDF#Requirements_defined_by_number_of_UseCases
>

> This will reflect the currently open issues. However there are a couple of
> potential requirements that have been suggested, which use-case authors
> should also consider, namely:
>
> ·         code-lists,
>
> ·         dataset versioning,
>
> ·         data enrichment.
>

> There are a couple of use-cases that have no associated requirements. I
> will contact these authors directly.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Deirdre

Riccardo Albertoni
Istituto per la Matematica Applicata e Tecnologie Informatiche "Enrico
Magenes"
Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche
via de Marini 6 - 16149 GENOVA - ITALIA
tel. +39-010-6475624 - fax +39-010-6475660
e-mail: Riccardo.Albertoni@ge.imati.cnr.it
Skype: callto://riccardoalbertoni/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/riccardoalbertoni
www: http://www.ge.imati.cnr.it/Albertoni