From: Sarven Capadisli <info@csarven.ca>
To: public-solid@w3.org
Subject: Solid Community Group Charter
Date: Thursday, 7 September 2023 20:00

Good news, everyone!

We are happy to announce that the W3C Solid Community Group (CG) reached
consensus and published the CG Charter, Version 1.0, effective 2023-09-01:

https://www.w3.org/community/solid/charter/

The charter underwent a thorough and extensive review and received
widespread support from CG participants.

Thank you to everyone who contributed their time, knowledge, and passion
to improve the charter through constructive discussions and collaboration.

The CG charter defines the group's mission to explore and describe
interoperability between various product classes, aligning with the
goals of the Solid project. The group seeks to provide confidence to
technical report authors and software implementers that the Solid
ecosystem will uphold the promise of interoperability through open
standards.

The charter establishes the scope of work items, intentions for
collaboration with other communities, participation and contribution
guidelines, communication methods, decision-making policies, licensing,
and outlines group processes for voting, chair (re-)elections, and
charter amendments.

As per W3C structures for groups and W3C Process, the CG will maintain
its focus on technical reports, prototyping software, and testing
implementations within the Scope of the charter, with the aim of
advancing mature works to the W3C Recommendation track in a Working Group.

The Solid community with various stakeholders comes together under the
umbrella of the Solid Project, and thus the CG interacts and coordinates
with the Project's organisation as a whole to help inform the work with
the needs of the wider community.

In the coming weeks, the CG will work on enhancing contributing
guidelines, technical processes, and conducting group chair elections,
among other tasks.

As the old saying goes, 'standards are set by those who participate.' It
is a privilege to have the opportunity to participate, so let's use it
for the greater good.

Let's make it so!

-Sarven
https://csarven.ca/#i