Re: DPV Technologies

Hi.
Thanks for sharing this resource for cloud technologies.
My thoughts:

- Service type corresponds closely to how we want to categorise
technologies, but some of them are ad-hoc industry terms  that we should
not adopt (e.g. VMWare connectivity)
- Service category is a higher/broader level concept than type within
the tech taxonomy, and similarly has some terms that should be better
named within DPV e.g. "App modernization" can be "DevOps" (which I think
is how AWS/Azure define it).

An open question - do we only want to define the categories from this
list or do we also want to define instances e.g. products and services
from Google/AWS/Azure etc.?

- my concern: I don't want to only model big-tech products, there is a
large ecosystem at play here and we shouldn't offer endorsement without
due consideration.
- value proposition to model these 'instances' is convenience of use as
they have large-scale adoptions, so to have the best of both worlds we
invite these as external contributions which will be extensions to tech
taxonomy

Regards,
Harsh

On 18/10/2023 18:36, Georg Philip Krog wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Link to cloud technologies:
> https://cloud.google.com/docs/get-started/aws-azure-gcp-service-comparison <https://cloud.google.com/docs/get-started/aws-azure-gcp-service-comparison>
>
> Best regards,