Re: Extension to the dpv for representing management concepts (dpv-mgmt)

Hi Georg. Thanks for the proposal, I support it.

Given that some of these concepts are abstract and don't have a
well-defined interpretation or relation, we can model them as
non-hierarchical sub-types of Organisational Unit: Division,
Sub-Division, Unit, Group, Team, Manager, UnitHead, etc.

Another set of similarly abstract concepts with lack of well-defined
interpretation can be modelled as sub-types of PersonalDataHandling:
Process -> BusinessProcess, Function -> BusinessFunction, etc.

Some terms may appear to have obvious overlaps, and be sometimes used
interchangeably. However, IMHO, we should not get into defining their
semantics, and stick with providing this extension for the convenience
of using familiar terms. For example, BPMN is reasonably well know, and
there are standards/guidelines for business process management. Our
guidance can be limited to top-concepts i.e.  Organisational Unit or
Personal Data Handling.

Regards,
Harsh

On 25/03/2022 15:55, Georg Philip Krog wrote:
> Hi Harsh, all
>
> I would like to propose an extension to the dpv for representing
> management concepts (dpv-mgmt).
>
> In order for larger enterprises to use dpv in an easy way across
> companies / divisions / subdivisions / units / groups / teams / etc,
> enterprises need a way to express that e.g.
>
> ACME controller has unit HR.
>
> HR has business process Payroll Management.
>
> Payroll Management has PDH Calculation of Remuneration (as purpose).
>
> Best regards,
>
> Georg
>

> --
> Georg Philip Krog