Re: Consent Terms Feedback

Hi. I see lots of problematic terms and mis-interpretations in the
email. I think I have mentioned these before in relation to some wiki
page on Kantara's site - though I do not remember the exact place/time.

For example, Legitimate Interest is NOT related to consent - definitely
not as implied. Legitimate interest means carrying out activities
without a contract or consent. By stating legitimate interest is a form
of implied consent, this leads to all sorts of incorrect and funny
interpretations of what is taking place.

Another example, Contract is stated as implied consent. Even if taken at
the broadest possible interpretation where "consent" also refers to
agreement to enter into contract, this cannot be "implied" for the
contract to be valid.

I'm by no means a lawyer or a legal expert, but I strongly suggest
getting these terms in line with what their existing use in law and
practices is considered the norm.

P.S. I had issues reading the email due to embedded HTML, but it looked
fine in a web client / browser.

Regards,
Harsh

On 28/07/2022 17:11, Mark Lizar wrote:
> Hi Harsh, (DPV Colleagues)
>
> It would be great to get some feedback on this work, and to see if can
> be useful to other projects and DPV.

Harshvardhan J. Pandit, Ph.D
Research Fellow
ADAPT Centre, Trinity College Dublin