Re: Consent Terms Feedback

Hi. See EDPB Guidelines 05/2020 on consent under Regulation 2016/679
pg.23
https://edpb.europa.eu/our-work-tools/our-documents/guidelines/guidelines-052020-consent-under-regulation-2016679_en

NOTE: DPV is agnostic to specific requirements for consent, and DPV-GDPR
is what is supposed to be related to GDPR. The choice of reference
reflects my personal interests and understanding based on familiarity
with GDPR. I know this is the same interpretation for ISO/IEC standards.
And, I think "withdraw" or "revoke" as for consent are interpreted
similarly in other jurisdictions.

Regards,
Harsh

On 28/07/2022 16:35, Mark Lizar wrote:

>> Withdrawal means that consent has been rendered inactive by the data
>> subject and is unable to be further used as justification to process data.
>
> I like this - where is this explanation to consent withdraws located ?
> And technically what does it mean?  e.g. revocation of access to
> personal data for processing ?  Revoke, delete?  Does the Controller
> have the right to anonymize and use under Legitimate interest?
>
> Are these questions out of scope?

Harshvardhan J. Pandit, Ph.D
Research Fellow
ADAPT Centre, Trinity College Dublin