Re: Annotating a resource as not processing personal data

Hi Iwan,

The SPECIAL project had similar needs and used two data categories:

    PersonalData
    NonPersonalData

The above categories are mentioned first in one example of deliverable
D2.5
(https://specialprivacy.ercim.eu/images/documents/SPECIAL_D25_M21_V10.pdf)
and then in the formalization of the GDPR
(https://specialprivacy.ercim.eu/images/documents/report-D5.pdf).

The compliance check of privacy policices w.r.t. the GDPR treated
unknown cases conservatively (i.e. assuming that personal data were
involved unless stated otherwise) but you can treat unknown cases
differently of course, depending on your use case.

You may also want to link resources to the above categories with
SPECIAL's hasDataCategory property (documented in D2.5)

Best regards

Piero

PS: PersonalData and NonPersonalData are declared as disjoint classes,
so they should not have any instance in common.