Re: Annotating a resource as not processing personal data

Hi. Not exactly what your requirement is, but one possibility is to
annotate it as Non-Personal Data using
https://w3id.org/dpv#NonPersonalData and then either annotate others as
PersonalData, or consider the absence of this label as possibly
containing personal data.

It is quite difficult to indicate the negation of a condition i.e. not
processing any personal data. And the open world interpretation further
complicates things. Instead, IMHO, its cleaner to specify something
processes only non-personal data, and then deal with lack of this
information.

Regards,
Harsh

On 06/04/2022 19:22, Iwan Aucamp wrote:
> Hi
>
> This is somewhat outside of the scope of your working group, but I want
> to annotate resources explicitly as not processing personal data, so
> that resources that have no annotations can be identified, and so that
> resources can be divided into three groups: resources that process
> personal data (i.e has ?resource rdf:type dpv:PersonalDataHandling),
> resources that do not process personal data, and resources for which it
> is not known if they process personal data. I want to use this to
> annotate a bunch of cloud resources (i.e. databases, blob containers,
> event streams).
>
> Is there an elegant way to explicitly annotate resources as not
> processing personal data that anyone is aware of?
>
> Regards
> Iwan Aucamp

Harshvardhan J. Pandit, Ph.D
Research Fellow