Re: Proposal for concepts representing Technologies

Hi,

Thank you for the comments. So a revised proposal could be:

-

Term: Data Management Technology

Parent term: dpv:Technology

-

Term: Personal Information Management System - PIMS (based on this
source[1])

personal data by managing their personal data in secure, on-premises or
online storage systems and sharing it when and with whomever they choose

Parent term: Data Management Technology

-

Term: Personal Data Store

personal data

Parent term: PIMS & Data Storage Technology

-

Term: Identity Management Technology

attributes linked to users identity

Parent term: dpv:Technology

-

Term: Identity Wallet

data, credentials and attributes linked to users identity, to provide them
to relying parties on request and to use them for authentication, online
and offline, and to create qualified electronic signatures and seals

Parent term: Identity Management Technology & Data Storage Technology

-

Regards,

Beatriz

"Harshvardhan J. Pandit" me@harshp.com – March 31, 2022 1:59 AM

> Hi. Thank you for the proposals. My comments are inline.
>
> On 30/03/2022 11:47, besteves@delicias.dia.fi.upm.es wrote:
>> Term: Personal Information Management System - PIMS (based on this
>> source

<edps.europa.eu/data-protection/our-work/publications/techdispatch/techdispatch-32020-personal-information_en[1]>)

>> their personal data by managing their personal data in secure,
>> on-premises or online storage systems and sharing it when and with
>> whomever they choose
>>
>> Parent term: DataStorageTechnology ?
>
> This a complex category of technoloy because they can be utilised in
> several different contexts to manage data (e.g. locally, online, on
> device). I propose to have such under Data Management Technology to
> reflect their broad goals.
>
> Data Storage Technology refers to what is used to store data, which
PIMS
> don't necessarily do - they do definitely manage data though.
>

>> -
>>
>> Term: Personal Data Store

>> their personal data
>>
>> Parent term: PIMS
>
> PIMS + DataStorage ?
>

>> -
>>
>> Term: Identity Wallet (based on the EIDAS amendment
>> <eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/HTML/[2]>)

identity
>> data, credentials and attributes linked to her/his identity, to
provide
>> them to relying parties on request and to use them for authentication,
>> online and offline, and to create qualified electronic signatures and
>> seals
>>
>> Parent term: PIMS
>>

> Note that Identity Wallet/Management is not necessarily a PIMS, e.g. if
> controlled by another party. I would propose
> IdentityManagementTechnology as a category, and have Identity Wallet be
> a combination of this and DataStorage. The eIDAS 2 idea of Wallet is
> Identity Wallet + PIMS.
>
> Regards,

Links:
------