Re: DPV semantics: how to specify values?

Dear Harsh, all,

The authors of paper [1] proceeded following a common pattern, and I
would advocate for option 1.

In this pattern, dpv:Collection is a class representing an action
--please note that you defined dpv:Collection as "to gather data from
someone", which is a verb.
Instances of that class are specific executions of that actions. "what
Victor collected yesterday", "the collection of Harsh tomorrow", "the
collection of the person requesting this personal data handling".
Consequently, the anonymous modelling of the authors of [1] is correct.

As a second reason, the property hasProcessing has dpv:Processing as
range. From here, reasoners will infer that dpv:Collect is of type
dpv:Processing, and hence a classs individual. Thus, if I am not wrong,
dpv:Collect will be both class and instance. This was directly forbidden
in OWL1, but accepted in OWL2 [2] ("punning"). So it will be ok but
maybe not so appealing.

But please consider that I am not closely following this work, so I do
apologize if I missed something.

Best regards,
Víctor

[2] https://www.w3.org/TR/owl2-new-features/#F12:_Punning

--
Víctor Rodríguez-Doncel
D3205 - Ontology Engineering Group (OEG)

Campus de Montegancedo s/n
Boadilla del Monte-28660 Madrid, Spain
Tel. (+34) 910672914
Skype: vroddon3