Re: Minutes of the 2018-11-20 call

Hi All,

Apologies for not making the call, this call comes up in my calendar for next week.  Not sure if this has happened to anyone else?

I see this topic of consent elements was raised by Eva in the minutes,  I also think this is a very important topic for this CG, as there is an opportunity to provide a schema to develop a common language to make privacy and security operational at scale internationally for people.

Which is why I wanted to raise a liaison proposal for a  GDPR privacy record and consent taxonomy overlay for the Kantara minimum viable consent receipt, which could be produced by this workgroup for liaison and collaboration with other SDO's on the same topic.

If this is of interest, I would like to propose that this CG review (a first draft of this overlay which I have drafted) and perhaps finish this overlay to create a mature privacy record and consent receipt schema for the GDPR.   As the Kantara Initiative is not a SDO it produces specifications and once adopted, these are put forward to an SDO,a good example of this is the UMA protocol which is in the IETF.   The Consent Receipt has been going or a few years, and as a result works with UMA and also the COEL Standard in OASIS, in addition, it is already in use and adopted in industry and is on a path to be adopted into the ISO 29184 work.

Please let me know if this proposal is of interest.  If so I will prepare the GDPR overlay for contribution to this CG.

Kind Regards,

Mark