W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-dpvcg@w3.org > December 2018

Minutes of the 2018-12-11 Teleconference

From: Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2018 18:20:09 +0100
To: public-dpvcg@w3.org
Message-ID: <1837408.7sphz4HV1N@montaigne>
Can be found at 
http://www.w3.org/2018/12/11-dpvcg-minutes.html

attached for convenience: 
Data Privacy Vocabularies and Controls Community Group Teleconference

11 Dec 2018

Attendees

Present
    Dave Lewis, Rigo Wenning, Harshvardhan Pandit, Eva Schlehahn, Mark Lizar,
    Martin Kunze, Bert Bos, Bud Bruegger, Axel Polleres
Regrets
Chair
    Axel Pollleres
Scribe
    rigo

Contents

  • Topics
     1. action review https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/track/actions/open
     2. Bud about the new processiong
  • Summary of Action Items
  • Summary of Resolutions

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

<AxelPollleres> PROPOSED: approve minutes rom F2F

<AxelPollleres> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-dpvcg/2018Dec/
0042.html

<scribe> scribe: rigo

rigo: all requested incorporated

<AxelPollleres> Axel: Rigo confirmed all ACTION items have been collected

<AxelPollleres> PROPOSED: approve minutes rom F2F, cf. https://lists.w3.org/
Archives/Public/public-dpvcg/2018Dec/0042.html

<harsh> +1

+1

RESOLUTION: approve minutes rom F2F, cf. https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/
public-dpvcg/2018Dec/0042.html

trackbot, ACTION-50?

<trackbot> ACTION-50 -- Bud P. Bruegger to Suggest a new hierarchy of the 
usage
policy diagram and integrate into the presentation of tuesday 11 -- due
2018-12-11 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/track/actions/50

trackbot, ACTION-51?

<trackbot> ACTION-51 -- Bud P. Bruegger to Prepare a presentation for next
dpvcg telco on 11 december -- due 2018-12-11 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/track/actions/51

<MarkL> Hello

Hi Mark

Axel: Minutes were approved
... main goal is to to go through the minutes and report from the F2F

Eva: agenda+ for Bud to present his model of processing

Bud: 30 min and trying screen sharing

Axel: covered all the items we wanted to discuss [enumerates] for further info
see https://www.w3.org/2018/12/03-dpvcg-minutes and https://www.w3.org/
2018/12/
04-dpvcg-minutes

action review https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/track/actions/open

Axel: action-6 continued
... DMA and IDS project has no detailed response yet

trackbot, close ACTION-31

<trackbot> Closed ACTION-31.

Axel: Keep Action-33 open

Mark: was hoping to align work with Kantara, there is a lot of benefit

Axel: we should talk at next call about Action-33
... we start with Action-42

Eva: Action-42 is ongoing
... action-43 had some feedback, is not very usable for us. Will send email to
the list

note action-43 eva will send email to the list

<trackbot> Notes added to action-43 Have a look a study on aal that might help
us.

<AxelPollleres> close ACTION-46

<trackbot> Closed ACTION-46.

<AxelPollleres> close ACTION-47

<trackbot> Closed ACTION-47.

Harsh: was discussing action-48 on email.

Axel: maybe put a link to ??

<AxelPollleres> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-dpvcg/2018Dec/
0021.html

note action-48 add https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-dpvcg/2018Dec/
0021.html

<trackbot> Notes added to action-48 Look into classifications of organisations
that could serve as a basis for clsssifying data controllers.

Eva: action-49 did not know how to put the image to the wiki. Do not know 
where
to put it
... the boxes where we added "legal grounds" in Vienna

harsh: under policy would be an option

Axel: Link it from the taxonomy page

<AxelPollleres> close ACTION-50

<trackbot> Closed ACTION-50.

<AxelPollleres> close ACTION-51

<trackbot> Closed ACTION-51.

Bud: Action-50 will be treated in the presentation later today

harsh: suggestion from Javier that I like, will continue to discuss

Axel: on mailing-list for further discussion

<harsh> mail for Action 53 (check thread for more conversations) https://
lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-dpvcg/2018Dec/0014.html

<AxelPollleres> slides ACTION-54 are here https://lists.w3.org/Archives/
Public/
public-dpvcg/2018Dec/0036.html

note action-53 thread with further conversation at https://lists.w3.org/
Archives/Public/public-dpvcg/2018Dec/0014.html

<trackbot> Notes added to action-53 Together with harsh, fajar, javier start 
on
a base ontology, suggest a namespace, etc. and start populate the
sub-taxonomies, agree on language to model it..

<AxelPollleres> close ACTION-54

<trackbot> Closed ACTION-54.

Bud about the new processiong

Eva: screen sharing via webex.

Bud: processing operations

Eva: images with core processing model sent yesterday as first in the slide
deck

Bud: it is only about processing personal data, then there is processing, only
those necessary for the given purpose

AxelPollleres: also location for processing, do we need the time for 
processing

Bud: it is time to store, storage and transfer are special cases of processing
... lower right corner could also be deletion, then timestamp would be 
relevant

Axel: we have temperal elements in SPECIAL

Bud: storage location is relevant
... can be many locations, because of backup etc, also time of storage

<AxelPollleres> Axel: don't we also need temporal aspects for processing?

Bud: core purpose for exchange of services or goods, but often things are
bundled to make a package deal. Other purposes are not core
... base consent to multiple purposes, then optional purpose
... than optional additional purposes that are not bundled

<AxelPollleres> Axel: why is there the distinction between base and additional
consent?

Bud: what is the relation between purpose and data, does addtional purpose 
mean
additional data or same data?

Mark: time period for consent and time for data retention

<AxelPollleres> Mark: time period for consent?

Mark: update consent which is linked to data retention in GDPR

=> slides will be sent to the list after the meeting

<AxelPollleres> Axel: I think that legal ground needs a temporal dimension (at
least law or consent)

AxelPollleres: we discussed purposes in meeting with harsh

harsh: started discussion on mailing-list

<harsh> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-dpvcg/2018Dec/0041.html

AxelPollleres: we wanted to insantiate purposes

<harsh> described on the wiki https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/wiki/
Purposes_for_handling_Personal_Data#High-level_categories_.28to-be-discussed.
29

=> discussion on purposes

eva: suggest to raise this as an issue

Axel: core purpose, without this, no service can be provided
... research etc

<AxelPollleres> ACTION: Axel And Bert to collect ACTIONS and emails to be
discussed in subsequent calls

<trackbot> Created ACTION-56 - And bert to collect actions and emails to be
discussed in subsequent calls [on Axel Polleres - due 2018-12-18].

dlewis: good start, logic and high level makes sense, just wondering about the
distinction between optimization and optimization for the client that I would
call personalization

AxelPollleres: we may make the distinction, server of consumer side

<AxelPollleres> Dave: personalisation is an optimization for a single data
subject

discussion about the optimization term

optimization for service or optimization for data subject

<AxelPollleres> local language can be considered personalisation, but affects
more than a single consumer, but is not optimization

dlewis: what is an optimization anyway, how to distinguish from other
functionalities

<AxelPollleres> Harsh: local language can be considered personalisation, but
affects more than a single consumer, but is not optimization

<harsh> We should create an issue and discuss this later/in mails. (conscious
of time)

<MarkL> (thanks for call I have to drop )

<AxelPollleres> ACTION: harsh to start definitionsions of the high-level
purposes at https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/wiki/
Purposes_for_handling_Personal_Data#High-level_categories_.28to-be-discussed.
29
and map them to purposes collected from use cases

<trackbot> Created ACTION-57 - Start definitionsions of the high-level 
purposes
at https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/wiki/
purposes_for_handling_personal_data#
high-level_categories_.28to-be-discussed.29 and map them to purposes collected
from use cases [on Harshvardhan Pandit - due 2018-12-18].

<MarkL> great work everyone -- great to see this am looking forward to
contributing..

next meeting 8 Jan?

Axel: suggest we target that date?

Bert: will be available on 8 Jan

Axel: season's greetings....

<AxelPollleres> Bert is available to chair on 8th if I'm unavailable.

adjourned

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Axel And Bert to collect ACTIONS and emails to be discussed in
subsequent calls
[NEW] ACTION: harsh to start definitionsions of the high-level purposes at
https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/wiki/Purposes_for_handling_Personal_Data#
High-level_categories_.28to-be-discussed.29 and map them to purposes collected
from use cases
 

Summary of Resolutions

 1. approve minutes rom F2F, cf. https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/
    public-dpvcg/2018Dec/0042.html
Received on Tuesday, 11 December 2018 17:20:21 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:37:53 UTC