Re: ISSUE-7: Are the legal grounds except consent and legitimate interest actualy purposes?

Thank you very much for the clarification Harsh, and apologies to
everyone for the noise.

We have a similar situation in one of our use case and for that reason
we tentatively introduced a purpose ComplianceWithFinancialRegulations.

I am aware, however, that this kind of purposes is difficult to
standardize: each application domain in principle may have its own set
of applicable/relevant laws and we have no tentative list of reference
communities to involve.

Maybe someone in the CG has clearer ideas about what a core set of
"legal areas" of common interest could be? One could start from there to
develop dedicated sub-vocabularies.

On the other side of the spectrum, if we are satisfied with a high-level
upper ontology, then a generic purpose expressing compliance with law
requirements could be enough, maybe equipped with an attribute that
contains a reference to the law being considered.

Now that I think about it, maybe there is some standard for encoding
such references? (i.e. a sort of URI for laws and regulations).  The
members of the CG with legal background may have an answer.

Best
Piero