W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-dpvcg@w3.org > August 2018

DPVCG next call(s) (was: Minutes telcon 21 Aug 2018)

From: Axel Polleres <axel.polleres@wu.ac.at>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2018 13:53:30 +0200
Message-Id: <5C01C8B4-D165-44BB-A493-D2ECE21F694E@wu.ac.at>
Cc: Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>
To: public-dpvcg@w3.org
Dear all,

As mentioned in the call last time, we will try to find a way to connect via WebEx to MyData for these two slots:

	1) https://mydata2018.org/sessions/semantic-interoperability-and-transparency/ <https://mydata2018.org/sessions/semantic-interoperability-and-transparency/>  August 30, 2018, 10:00 am-11:15 am (Eastern European Time), maybe I even manage to broadcast my presentation to the group's Webex, but can't promise yet, FWIW, my slides, the first half of which is mainly about DPVCG are here [1], the second half is on SPECIAL and will be presented by Ben.

	2) https://mydata2018.org/programme/open-space/ <https://mydata2018.org/programme/open-space/>  Open Space August 30, 2018 with  slots between 13:30 and 18:00 (Eastern European Time), but due to the dynamic agenda building of Open Space I could not get a fixed slot, if during the agenda building phase at noon we manage to get a slot for DPVCG, I will announce it per mail to the group.


As for the next regular call, I just realize we didn't announce it in last meeting's minutes. I propose we keep up the regular 2-weeks slot on Tue 16:00 which makes the next call:

	Tue, 18 September 2018, 16:00-17:00

The agenda will be sent in advance, please - as usual - try to make progress with the assigned ACTIONs and we will hopefully manage to hear each other during the MyData conference.

best regards,
Axel


1. http://polleres.net/presentations/ <http://polleres.net/presentations/>  
--
Prof. Dr. Axel Polleres
Institute for Information Business, WU Vienna
url: http://www.polleres.net/  twitter: @AxelPolleres

> On 21.08.2018, at 21:47, Bert Bos <bert@w3.org> wrote:
> 
> In HTML at
> 
>    https://www.w3.org/2018/08/21-dpvcg-minutes.html
> 
> and in text below:
> 
> 
> 
>   [1]W3C
> 
>      [1] https://www.w3.org/
> 
>                             – DRAFT –
> Data Privacy Vocabularies and Controls Community Group Teleconference
> 
> 21 August 2018
> 
>   [2]Previous meeting [3]Agenda [4]IRC log
> 
>      [2] https://www.w3.org/2018/08/07-dpvcg-minutes.html
>      [3] https://www.w3.org/mid/10915096.tUU11HEPGs@nyx
>      [4] https://www.w3.org/2018/08/21-dpvcg-irc
> 
> Attendees
> 
>   Present
>          Axel, Bert, Harald, Harsh, Javier, Ramisa, Simon
>          (simonstey)
> 
>   Regrets
>          Eva
> 
>   Chair
>          Bert
> 
>   Scribe
>          AxelPollleres, simonstey
> 
> Contents
> 
>     * [5]Meeting Minutes
>         1. [6]Roll call, select scribe, agenda
>         2. [7]Minutes of last call
>         3. [8]Action items
>         4. [9]how to combine vocabularies
>     * [10]Summary of Action Items
>     * [11]Summary of Resolutions
> 
> Meeting Minutes
> 
> Roll call, select scribe, agenda
> 
>   Bert: any topics missing?
> 
> Minutes of last call
> 
>   Bert: hearing no objections
> 
> Action items
> 
>   <Bert> [12]actions
> 
>     [12] https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/track/actions/open
> 
>   <simonstey> action-3
> 
>   <trackbot> action-3 -- Bert Bos to Clarify which github space
>   we can use W3C's github space or if we need something else --
>   due 2018-08-13 -- OPEN
> 
>   <trackbot> [13]https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/track/
>   actions/3
> 
>     [13] https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/track/actions/3
> 
>   bert: Bert will create a git repo soon.
> 
>   <simonstey> close action-3
> 
>   <trackbot> Closed action-3.
> 
>   close action 3
> 
>   <simonstey> action-6
> 
>   <trackbot> action-6 -- Michael Markevich to Draft something
>   about Opera use case(s) -- due 2018-08-13 -- OPEN
> 
>   <trackbot> [14]https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/track/
>   actions/6
> 
>     [14] https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/track/actions/6
> 
>   <simonstey> action-7
> 
>   <trackbot> action-7 -- Bert Bos to Add some overview of SPECIAL
>   use case(s) -- due 2018-08-13 -- OPEN
> 
>   <trackbot> [15]https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/track/
>   actions/7
> 
>     [15] https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/track/actions/7
> 
>   <simonstey> action-8
> 
>   <trackbot> action-8 -- Axel Polleres to Add some more starting
>   point vocabulary stubs -- due 2018-08-13 -- OPEN
> 
>   <trackbot> [16]https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/track/
>   actions/8
> 
>     [16] https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/track/actions/8
> 
>   <simonstey> close action-8
> 
>   <trackbot> Closed action-8.
> 
>   close action-8
> 
>   <trackbot> Closed action-8.
> 
>   <Bert> action-9
> 
>   <trackbot> action-9 -- Axel Polleres to Include links to irc
>   and minutes into the agenda next time -- due 2018-08-14 -- OPEN
> 
>   <trackbot> [17]https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/track/
>   actions/9
> 
>     [17] https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/track/actions/9
> 
>   <Bert> action-10
> 
>   <trackbot> action-10 -- Axel Polleres to Organize a call later
>   on 30th after the mydata session or on friday morning to sync
>   with people jooining through the conference.... will contact
>   organizers. -- due 2018-08-14 -- OPEN
> 
>   <trackbot> [18]https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/track/
>   actions/10
> 
>     [18] https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/track/actions/10
> 
>   on 29th a dinner table for dinner table for "Semantic
>   Interoparability" at Manala restaurant
> 
>   [19]http://www.manala.fi/?lang=en
> 
>     [19] http://www.manala.fi/?lang=en
> 
>   <trackbot> Notes added to action-10 Organize a call later on
>   30th after the mydata session or on friday morning to sync with
>   people jooining through the conference.... will contact
>   organizers..
> 
>   our session is on 30th in the morning:
> 
>   [20]https://mydata2018.org/sessions/
>   semantic-interoperability-and-transparency/
> 
>     [20] https://mydata2018.org/sessions/semantic-interoperability-and-transparency/
> 
>   on 30th afternoon [21]https://mydata2018.org/sessions/
>   agenda-setting-for-open-space/
> 
>     [21] https://mydata2018.org/sessions/agenda-setting-for-open-space/
> 
>   <simonstey> AxelPollleres: organizing an openspace session too
> 
>   <simonstey> ... openspace session is after lunch, don't know
>   which session it will be exactly though
> 
>   enough bandwidth given we will try to dial in the group for the
>   open space session,
> 
>   [22]https://mydata2018.org/programme/
> 
>     [22] https://mydata2018.org/programme/
> 
>   there are 4 open space sessions yet, not yet sure what slot we
>   get.
> 
>   Action: axel to talk to Joss about Mydata open space session
>   and maybe try to pre-fix a slot.
> 
>   <trackbot> Created ACTION-16 - Talk to joss about mydata open
>   space session and maybe try to pre-fix a slot. [on Axel
>   Polleres - due 2018-08-28].
> 
>   <simonstey> action-11
> 
>   <trackbot> action-11 -- Axel Polleres to Reach out to
>   industrial data spaces project (germany) and another austrian
>   big data project (dma). -- due 2018-08-14 -- OPEN
> 
>   <trackbot> [23]https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/track/
>   actions/11
> 
>     [23] https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/track/actions/11
> 
>   <simonstey> action-12
> 
>   <trackbot> action-12 -- Simon Steyskal to Look over
>   requirements template -- due 2018-08-14 -- OPEN
> 
>   <trackbot> [24]https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/track/
>   actions/12
> 
>     [24] https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/track/actions/12
> 
>   <simonstey> [25]https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/wiki/
>   Template_for_requirements
> 
>     [25] https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/wiki/Template_for_requirements
> 
>   [26]https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/wiki/
>   Template_for_requirements
> 
>     [26] https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/wiki/Template_for_requirements
> 
>   Simon: the template allows to vote on requirements in between
>   calls.
> 
>   Action: Axel to try to modify the rquirements teamplate and
>   instantiate it for some of the items on [27]https://www.w3.org/
>   community/dpvcg/wiki/Use-Cases,_Requirements,_Vocabularies
> 
>     [27] https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/wiki/Use-Cases,_Requirements,_Vocabularies
> 
>   <trackbot> Created ACTION-17 - Try to modify the rquirements
>   teamplate and instantiate it for some of the items on
>   [28]https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/wiki/
>   use-cases,_requirements,_vocabularies [on Axel Polleres - due
>   2018-08-28].
> 
>     [28] https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/wiki/use-cases,_requirements,_vocabularies
> 
>   <simonstey> action-13
> 
>   <trackbot> action-13 -- Stefano Bocconi to Propose use case(s)
>   for the decode project -- due 2018-08-14 -- OPEN
> 
>   <trackbot> [29]https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/track/
>   actions/13
> 
>     [29] https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/track/actions/13
> 
>   <simonstey> action-14
> 
>   <trackbot> action-14 -- Axel Polleres to Ask hendrik for
>   edition ieee 7012 -- due 2018-08-14 -- OPEN
> 
>   <trackbot> [30]https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/track/
>   actions/14
> 
>     [30] https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/track/actions/14
> 
>   <simonstey> [31]https://standards.ieee.org/develop/project/
>   7012.html
> 
>     [31] https://standards.ieee.org/develop/project/7012.html
> 
>   <simonstey> action-15
> 
>   <trackbot> action-15 -- Eva Schlehahn to look over use cases
>   template -- due 2018-08-14 -- OPEN
> 
>   <trackbot> [32]https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/track/
>   actions/15
> 
>     [32] https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/track/actions/15
> 
>   <Bert> [33]Eva's e-mail on use case template
> 
>     [33] https://www.w3.org/mid/9412d9d7-2aac-1d3b-f9f1-d0c0799d0369@datenschutzzentrum.de
> 
>   <simonstey> AxelPollleres: Ben and I will talk about our
>   efforts
> 
>   <Eva__ULD_> I sent my suggestions on the use case and on the
>   requirements templates per email - so action done ;)
> 
>   Action: Javier to update the use case template wrt. Eva's
>   version
> 
>   <trackbot> Error finding 'Javier'. You can review and register
>   nicknames at <[34]https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/track/
>   users>.
> 
>     [34] https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/track/users>.
> 
>   Javier: we probably need first the use cases to discuss more
>   about requirements
> 
>   Axel: we should take the list from the workshop as starting
>   points, see action above.
> 
> how to combine vocabularies
> 
>   <Eva__ULD_> I think it might depend heavily on the use cases
>   which kind of taxonomies and vocabularies we need
> 
>   <harsh> Seems audio isn't working :(
> 
>   <harsh> But I agree with Axel
> 
>   maybe try typing? :-)
> 
>   <harsh> My question was: in light of what we discussed, should
>   we start listing concepts and properties from listed
>   vocabularies we might find interesting
> 
>   Can we agree that our goal is to work within one namespace and
>   connect to it, instead of creating a coglomerate of
>   voabularies?
> 
>   simon: I don't think we should invent an own use case, if we
>   have one vocab that covers all.
>   … we maybe only need a "best practices" document.
>   … in ORDL you can specify consent, but not it's components.
> 
>   Axel: I think we could have a JSON-LD profile that describes
>   the whole policies.
>   … and collect our core terms.
>   … single namespace we mape to or JSON-LD profile combining
>   different namespaces, is not so relevant in the end, but
>   coherend presentation of the terms we support and need.
> 
>   Javier: Are we closing the use cases or are we calling for
>   external use cases?
>   … so far they seem close to a couple of European projects.
> 
>   <harsh> Perhaps we could have a cut-off line for use-cases,
>   after which we turn those collected use-cases into
>   requirements?
> 
>   Axel: we need more use cases and should spread the word as far
>   as we can.
> 
>   <harsh> Issue would be a good idea
> 
>   ISSUE: timeline/schedule, when should we stop collecting
>   additional use cases?
> 
>   <trackbot> Created ISSUE-1 - Timeline/schedule, when should we
>   stop collecting additional use cases?. Please complete
>   additional details at <[35]https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/
>   track/issues/1/edit>.
> 
>     [35] https://www.w3.org/community/dpvcg/track/issues/1/edit>.
> 
>   ISSUE-1: postponed until after Mydata
> 
>   <trackbot> Notes added to ISSUE-1 Timeline/schedule, when
>   should we stop collecting additional use cases?.
> 
>   PROPOSED: next call 4 september, same time
> 
>   <AxelPollleres>+1:-)
> 
>   <simonstey> +1
> 
>   <Ramisa> +1
> 
>   Resolved: next call 4 september, same time.
> 
>   adjourned.
> 
> Summary of Action Items
> 
>    1. [36]axel to talk to Joss about Mydata open space session
>       and maybe try to pre-fix a slot.
>    2. [37]Axel to try to modify the rquirements teamplate and
>       instantiate it for some of the items on https://www.w3.org/
>       community/dpvcg/wiki/Use-Cases,_Requirements,_Vocabularies
>    3. [38]Javier to update the use case template wrt. Eva's
>       version
> 
> Summary of Resolutions
> 
>    1. [39]next call 4 september, same time.
> 
> 
>    Minutes formatted by Bert Bos's [40]scribe.perl version 2.41
>    (2018/03/23 13:13:49), a reimplementation of David Booth's
>    [41]scribe.perl. See [42]CVS log.
> 
>     [40] https://dev.w3.org/2002/scribe2/scribedoc.html
>     [41] https://dev.w3.org/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
>     [42] https://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe2/
> 
> Diagnostics
> 
>   Succeeded: i/any topics missing/Topic: Roll call, select
>   scribe, agenda
> 
>   Succeeded: s/surewhat/sure what/
> 
> 
> 
> 
> Bert
> -- 
>  Bert Bos                                ( W 3 C ) http://www.w3.org/
>  http://www.w3.org/people/bos                               W3C/ERCIM
>  bert@w3.org                             2004 Rt des Lucioles / BP 93
>  +33 (0)4 92 38 76 92            06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex, France


Received on Tuesday, 28 August 2018 11:53:59 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:37:52 UTC