From: Richard Ishida [mailto:ishida@w3.org]
Sent: Wednesday, August 05, 2015 1:45 AM
To: Dave Cramer
Cc: public-digipub@w3.org
Subject: Re: Prioritisation

On 04/08/2015 16:03, Dave Cramer wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 12:07 AM, Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org
> <mailto:ishida@w3.org>> wrote:
>
>     looking at the prioritisation at
>

> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15IsDMPwSXx197Iqe4I9xh7K8anmJ5c

> 0-OFEG7w0LHYM/edit?usp=sharing
>

>     i found myself  wondering what the priorities mean, and how they
>     were arrived at.
>

> Hi Richard,
>
> The spreadsheet was used to gather information as this work was being
> started. The main effort is now directed towards this HTML document:
>
> http://w3c.github.io/dpub-pagination/priorities.html

ah, i was unaware of that. Looks interesting. I'll take a closer look, but i have a couple of observations below after a quick scan.  Perhaps the spreadsheet should point people to the html page?

[1] are you aware of the tests we have in the i18n test suite – and more importantly, the fact that we have pages showing how well features are supported on browsers.

for example, section 3.3.2 of the html file is about ruby.  We have http://www.w3.org/International/tests/repo/results/ruby-html which shows results of basic tests for ruby markup implementation for Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera, Edge and IE.  (We need to develop tests for ruby styling still, and i have that in mind now that Firefox support the CSS Ruby spec.)

you can run the tests yourself, eg. to see the first test listed, click on the test link column to go to http://www.w3.org/International/tests/repo/run?base=html/semantics/text-level-semantics/the-ruby-element&batch=ruby-html&test=ruby-styling-001.html

it's important to note, btw, that it's possible for anyone to send in results for additional browsers, including Android, Safari Mobile, Chrome Mobile, UC Browser (chinese), Opera Android and Opera Mini, or another browser. (Instructions are at
http://www.w3.org/International/tests/repo/howto.)

you can find all the i18n tests we have at http://www.w3.org/International/tests/

[2] it's great that you're planning to encourage the implementers to
address certain things. I think the i18n folks should coordinate with
you on things of mutual interest.  I'll see what i can do to raise
awareness with them.

[3]  the References section contains a link to Latin Req, but not to
other lreqs.  You can find a list of them, and other requirements docs at
http://www.w3.org/International/layout

cheers,
ri