Re: Prioritisation

Forgive me for a very basic question, but it is a devil's advocate type of
question. And if this is not the place to ask this perhaps you can direct
me to any relevant discussions.

My very basic question is, why do we need to "paginate" in the browser in
the first place? Why not keep the browser for reflowing and interactive
text, which is what it is good at, and use a standard mark-up pagination
system (TeX/LaTeX would be my choice) to do what that is good at. If
another system has already solved problems like footnotes and floating
figures, what exactly is the drive to reinvent that in the browser?

Again, apologies if the answer is really obvious!!

Regards
Kaveh

--
Kaveh Bazargan