Re: Restructuring of the UCR

Excellent – thank you!!   Can’t wait to read it.

Leonard

From: Heather Flanagan <rse@rfc-editor.org>
Date: Sunday, October 23, 2016 at 3:49 PM
To: W3C Digital Publishing IG <public-digipub-ig@w3.org>
Subject: Restructuring of the UCR

Hello,

The first (but definitely not final!) pass at restructuring is up on github:

http://w3c.github.io/dpub-pwp-ucr/

I have five major questions for the group to discuss on the call on Monday:

  1.  I rewrote the entire abstract to make it more abstract-like and inline with our discussions at TPAC.  Suggestions for improvement?
  2.  Given we are moving to assume this will be on the web, is it really necessary to say that this needs to be viewable in a browser? (I commented out that requirement)
  3.  Online/Offline - at TPAC, we discussed removing mention of online versus offline. I’d like to go through each of the use cases where that split is mentioned to see if entirely removing the distinction makes sense. I’ve already changed a few, but this could use community input.
  4.  Still have 27 requirements. Are they the right requirements? Is this still too many, repeating what’s already known in the OWP?
  5.  Is having a Permissions and Obligations section going to be confusing? Should those items be moved to Security?

I haven't started seriously digging into the issues list. I'll stare at those for a bit, but don't expect to make any more substantive changes between now and our call tomorrow.

Leonard, great job on the duplicates!

-Heather