Re: [dpub-loc] Use Cases

Sorry I missed the call, as I would have voted against using github in this manner.  But since things have already started there, so be it.

Leonard

From: Ben De Meester <ben.demeester@ugent.be<mailto:ben.demeester@ugent.be>>
Date: Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 1:08 PM
To: Leonard Rosenthol <lrosenth@adobe.com<mailto:lrosenth@adobe.com>>
Subject: Re: [dpub-loc] Use Cases

Hi Leonard,

As agreed on the call, we will consolidate all use case discussion on the github repo (https://github.com/w3c/dpub-pwp-ucr). I will make new issues there per use case type, and add your comments and my answers :).

Thanks!
Kind regards,
Ben

Ben De Meester
Researcher Semantic Web
Ghent University - iMinds - Data Science Lab | Faculty of Engineering and Architecture | Department of Electronics and Information Systems
Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 41, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
t: +32 9 331 49 59 | e: ben.demeester@ugent.be<mailto:ben.demeester@ugent.be> | URL:  http://users.ugent.be/~bjdmeest/

I have to disagree with your creating a new flavor – cached.  Caching is a feature of an RS and NOT part of a file format, such as PWP.

However, if you simply replace all instances of cached with local or downloaded, then so far so good for annotating across states.

The concept of public and private annotations is out of scope and has nothing to do with PWP.

Leonard