Re: [Moderator Action] [dpub] 20160822 agenda

On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 2:01 PM, Boris Anthony <boris@rebus.foundation>
wrote:

> How about if the onus of keeping something locked is on the entity
> desiring it to be so, and not encoding that capability into the medium and
> making extra work for UA/RS to track user additions/modification?
>
> That’s how it is with Kindle et al now. They should continue doing it that
> way.

That is not at all how it is with PDF now. We can't presume a central
server/service and need to keep in mind use cases for ad hoc (P2P) document
distribution (as well as the re-decentralized Web).

--Bill

--

Bill McCoy
Executive Director