Re: HTML-Note and bibliographies

See my correction e-mail.  However, what you are really talking about is
the "label" for the note, not the actual reference to the note.  Although
they both require (presumably similar) styling.

No - I don't have an obvious solution for styling the label on the note.
Clearly the label needs to be in the DOM just as the displayValue of the
noteref needs to be (otherwise ATs won't work right).

CSS Counter Styles Level 3 [1] (which is a CR) has fairly rich support for
this, and is how I envisioned footnotes being supported natively.  I had
not thought about styling the "counter" on the note itself.  Presumably
that is possible but I am not an expert on that spec nor its take up.

[1] https://www.w3.org/TR/css-counter-styles-3/