Re: Promised pagination ping

From: Brady Duga <duga@google.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2015 19:52:11 +0000
To: Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com>, W3C Digital Publishing IG <public-digipub-ig@w3.org>
Thanks for the feedback! Responses inline.

On Wed Jan 28 2015 at 5:05:06 PM Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com> wrote:

> I’m a bit confused by the “Determine exactly where in text a page break
> happens” section.

Clarified with a specific example, moved the final sentence to the start. I
am really getting at knowing where in a single node (likely a text node) a
page break comes. Just being able to map nodes to pages isn't quite enough
to get there.

> The next section has the phrase “a specific line in the DOM” which isn’t
> making sense to me. Should the sentence read “A mechanism for finding the
> source content in the DOM that is on a specific line”?

Yes, done.

> Finally, “being able to select a section of text and save it for later” is
> a bit ambiguous. Saving the text for later is not rare - there are all
> sorts of snippet-saving mechanisms that work on the web. Saving the
> selection within the document (not just the content of the selection) is
> what’s rare and needed, I think.

Clarified.