W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-digipub-ig@w3.org > January 2014

RE: [Minutes] 2014-01-27 Digital Publishing Interest Group Teleconference

From: AUDRAIN LUC <LAUDRAIN@hachette-livre.fr>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 15:44:56 +0100
To: Thierry MICHEL <tmichel@w3.org>, W3C Digital Publishing IG <public-digipub-ig@w3.org>
Message-ID: <8FC11CDCAA2F2D4B9D5338201F06B48D2BA6533DE3@HLVALCCR.intrahl.com>
Hi Thierry,
Minutes are badly formatted and cannot be read. Could it be fixed?
Thanks,
Luc

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Thierry MICHEL [mailto:tmichel@w3.org]
Envoyé : mardi 28 janvier 2014 10:52
À : W3C Digital Publishing IG
Objet : [Minutes] 2014-01-27 Digital Publishing Interest Group Teleconference

Hi all,

The minutes of the Digital Publishing Interest Group Teleconference
dated 2014-01-27 are now available at

http://www.w3.org/2013/dpub-IG-minutes/2014-01-27


These public minutes are also linked  from the dpub wiki
http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Meetings


Also find these minutes in a text version following, for your convenience.

Best,

Thierry Michel

----------------------------


Digital Publishing Interest Group Teleconference

Minutes of 27 January 2014

    Agenda
           [1]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-digipub-ig

           /2014Jan/0033.html

       [1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-digipub-ig/2014Jan/0033.html


    Present
           [2]Alan Stearns, [3]Bill Kasdorf, [4]Brady Duga, [5]Dave
           Cramer, [6]Dmitry Shkolnik, [7]Frederick Hirsch,
           [8]Gerardo Capiel, [9]Ivan Herman, [10]Jean Kaplansky,
           [11]Julie Morris, [12]Laura Fowler, [13]Liam Quin,
           [14]Liza Daly, [15]Luc Audrain, [16]Markus Gylling,
           [17]Phil Madans, [18]Richard Schwerdtfeger, [19]Robert
           Sanderson, [20]Suzanne Taylor, [21]Thierry Michel,
           [22]Tom De Nies, [23]Karen Myers, [24]Vladimir
           Levantovsky

       [2] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Alan_Stearns

       [3] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bill_Kasdorf

       [4] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Brady_Duga

       [5] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

       [6] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dmitry_Shkolnik

       [7] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Frederick_Hirsch

       [8] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Gerardo_Capiel

       [9] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman

      [10] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Jean_Kaplansky

      [11] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Julie_Morris

      [12] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Laura_Fowler

      [13] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Liam_Quin

      [14] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Liza_Daly

      [15] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Luc_Audrain

      [16] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

      [17] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Phil_Madans

      [18] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Richard_Schwerdtfeger

      [19] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson

      [20] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Suzanne_Taylor

      [21] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Thierry_Michel

      [22] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Tom_De_Nies

      [23] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

      [24] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Vladimir_Levantovsky


    Regrets
           [25]Dave Cramer, [26]Ivan Herman, [27]Alan Stearns,
           [28]Liam Quin, [29]Luc Audrain, [30]Phil Madans, [31]Tom
           De Nies

      [25] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dave_Cramer

      [26] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Ivan_Herman

      [27] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Alan_Stearns

      [28] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Liam_Quin

      [29] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Luc_Audrain

      [30] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Phil_Madans

      [31] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Tom_De_Nies


    Scribe
           [32]Karen Myers

      [32] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    IRC Log
           [33]Original

      [33] http://www.w3.org/2014/01/27-dpub-irc


    Resolutions
           None.

    Topics

          1. [34]Approval of previous meeting minutes
          2. [35]Annotations TF: planning for publishing
             requirements as Note

    [36]Liza Daly: Yes [37]←
15:59:44 <karen> zakim, code?

      [36] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Liza_Daly


    [38]Markus Gylling: Karen, ok to scribe?
    [39]←
16:00:30 <Zakim> +duga

      [38] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling


    Zakim IRC Bot: +duga [40]←
16:00:38 <Zakim> +??P21

    Zakim IRC Bot: +??P21 [41]←
16:00:47 <Zakim> +Karen_Myers

    Zakim IRC Bot: +Karen_Myers [42]←
16:00:52 <tmichel> zakim, ??P21 is me

    [43]Thierry Michel: zakim, ??P21 is me [44]←
16:00:52 <Zakim> +tmichel; got it

      [43] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Thierry_Michel


    Zakim IRC Bot: +tmichel; got it [45]←
16:01:23 <mgylling> zakim, who is here

    [46]Markus Gylling: zakim, who is here [47]←
16:01:23 <Zakim> mgylling, you need to end that query with '?'

      [46] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling


    Zakim IRC Bot: mgylling, you need to end that query with '?'
    [48]←
16:01:35 <mgylling> zakim, aadd is LFowler

    [49]Markus Gylling: zakim, aadd is LFowler [50]←
16:01:35 <Zakim> +LFowler; got it

      [49] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling


    Zakim IRC Bot: +LFowler; got it [51]←
16:01:41 <tmichel> zakim, who is here ?

    [52]Thierry Michel: zakim, who is here ? [53]←
16:01:41 <Zakim> On the phone I see Rich_Schwerdtfeger, lizadaly, mgylli
ng, azaroth, +1.646.336.aabb (muted), LFowler, Vlad, duga, tmichel, Kare
n_Myers

      [52] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Thierry_Michel


    Zakim IRC Bot: On the phone I see Rich_Schwerdtfeger, lizadaly,
    mgylling, azaroth, +1.646.336.aabb (muted), LFowler, Vlad,
    duga, tmichel, Karen_Myers [54]←
16:01:43 <Zakim> On IRC I see gcapiel, JeanK, benjaminsko, Vlad, fjh, az
aroth, LFowler, liza, Zakim, RRSAgent, brady_duga, richardschwerdtfeger,
  tmichel, mgylling, karen, liam, astearns, plinss,

    Zakim IRC Bot: On IRC I see gcapiel, JeanK, benjaminsko, Vlad,
    fjh, azaroth, LFowler, liza, Zakim, RRSAgent, brady_duga,
    richardschwerdtfeger, tmichel, mgylling, karen, liam, astearns,
    plinss, [55]←
16:01:43 <Zakim> ... trackbot

    Zakim IRC Bot: ... trackbot [56]←
16:02:01 <tmichel> wHO IS 1.646.336.aabb ,

    [57]Thierry Michel: who is 1.646.336.aabb , [58]←
16:02:22 <Zakim> +??P31

      [57] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Thierry_Michel


    Zakim IRC Bot: +??P31 [59]←
16:02:24 <Zakim> +JeanKaplansky

    Zakim IRC Bot: +JeanKaplansky [60]←
16:02:28 <Zakim> +AWK

    Zakim IRC Bot: +AWK [61]←
16:02:35 <Zakim> -Karen_Myers

16:02:50 <Zakim> +Marilyn

    Zakim IRC Bot: +Marilyn [62]←
16:02:53 <gcapiel> Zakim, ??P31 is me

    [63]Gerardo Capiel: Zakim, ??P31 is me [64]←
16:02:53 <tmichel> IS ??P31 JeanKaplansky OR Karen_Myers ,
[65]

      [63] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Gerardo_Capiel

      [65] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Thierry_Michel


    Thierry Michel: is ??P31 Jean Kaplansky or Karen Myers , [66]←
16:02:54 <Zakim> +gcapiel; got it

    Zakim IRC Bot: +gcapiel; got it [67]←
16:03:16 <dshkolnik> Zakim, AWK is dshkolnik

    [68]Dmitry Shkolnik: Zakim, AWK is dshkolnik [69]←
16:03:16 <Zakim> +dshkolnik; got it

      [68] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Dmitry_Shkolnik


    Zakim IRC Bot: +dshkolnik; got it [70]←
16:03:18 <Zakim> +Karen_Myers

    Zakim IRC Bot: +Karen_Myers [71]←
16:03:21 <Zakim> +[IPcaller]

    Zakim IRC Bot: +[IPcaller] [72]←
16:03:23 <fjh> zakim, IPcaller is me

    [73]Frederick Hirsch: zakim, IPcaller is me [74]←
16:03:23 <Zakim> +fjh; got it

      [73] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Frederick_Hirsch


    Zakim IRC Bot: +fjh; got it [75]←
16:03:29 <fjh> Present+ Frederick_Hirsch
16:03:47 <karen> Markus: Let's get going

    [76]Markus Gylling: Let's get going
    [77]Julie Morris: I'm at a 646 number
16:04:03 <mgylling> Zakim, aabb is Julie Morris

      [76] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

      [77] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Julie_Morris


    [78]Markus Gylling: Zakim, aabb is Julie Morris [79]←
16:04:03 <Zakim> I don't understand 'aabb is Julie Morris', mgylling

      [78] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling


    Zakim IRC Bot: I don't understand 'aabb is Julie Morris',
    mgylling [80]←
16:04:06 <Zakim> + +1.917.447.aaee

    Zakim IRC Bot: + +1.917.447.aaee [81]←
16:04:29 <karen> Markus: Thierry, if you can assign that to Julie
[82]

      [82] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    Karen Myers: ...Welcome everyone [83]←
16:04:41 <mgylling> regrets: Dave Cramer, Ivan Herman, Alan Stearns, Lia
m Quin, Luc Audrain, Phil Madans, Tom De Nies
16:04:41 <tmichel> Zakim, 1.646.336.aabb is Julie Morris

    [84]Thierry Michel: Zakim, 1.646.336.aabb is Julie Morris [85]←
16:04:41 <Zakim> I don't understand '1.646.336.aabb is Julie Morris', tm
ichel

      [84] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Thierry_Michel


    Zakim IRC Bot: I don't understand '1.646.336.aabb is Julie
    Morris', tmichel [86]←
16:04:41 <karen> ...We have Karen scribing today

    [87]Karen Myers: ...We have Karen scribing today
    [88]Karen Myers: ...and registering regrets [89]←
    [90]Karen Myers: ...Short agenda for today [91]←
16:05:03 <karen> ...As you know, we are running these focused themes wit
h the task forces

      [87] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

      [88] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

      [90] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [92]Karen Myers: ...As you know, we are running these focused
    themes with the task forces [93]←
16:05:05 <Zakim> +Bill_Kasdorf

      [92] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    Zakim IRC Bot: +Bill_Kasdorf [94]←
16:05:16 <karen> ...We don't have a new task force today because we have
  an urgent matter to cover annotations

    [95]Karen Myers: ...We don't have a new task force today
    because we have an urgent matter to cover annotations [96]←
    [97]Karen Myers: ...But on this call we'll decide what task
    force to review next week [98]←
16:05:34 <karen> ...We have one person who has not yet made it to our ca
lls

      [95] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

      [97] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [99]Karen Myers: ...We have one person who has not yet made it
    to our calls [100]←
    [101]Karen Myers: ...Rich, can you say a few words? [102]←
16:05:47 <karen> Rich: I am CTO for IBM software

      [99] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

     [101] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [103]Richard Schwerdtfeger: I am CTO for Accessibility for IBM
    software
    B[104]ill Kasdorf: has Julie from BISG been introduced? [105]←
16:05:52 <karen> ...and chair the ARIA standards effort

     [103] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Richard_Schwerdtfeger

     [104] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bill_Kasdorf


    [106]Karen Myers: ...and chair the ARIA standards effort [107]←
16:06:01 <tmichel> topic: Approval of previous meeting minutes

     [106] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


1. Approval of previous meeting minutes

16:06:14 <karen> Markus: Last week's minutes are published

    [108]Markus Gylling: Last week's minutes are published
16:06:19 <karen> ...any objections to accepting them?

     [108] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling


    [109]Karen Myers: ...any objections to accepting them? [110]←
16:06:26 <richardschwerdtfeger> s/CTO/CTO for Accessibility/
16:06:33 <tmichel> topic: Annotations TF: planning for publishing requir
ements as Note

     [109] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


2. Annotations TF: planning for publishing requirements as Note

16:06:51 <karen> Markus: there is work underway to propose the formation
  of a working track working group

    [111]Markus Gylling: there is work underway to propose the
    formation of a working track working group
16:07:01 <karen> ...of the open annotations community group
[112]

     [111] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

     [112] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    Karen Myers: ...of the open annotations community group [113]←
16:07:15 <karen> ...we are thinking to fast track the requirements so th
ey can be used and referenced by the WG

    [114]Karen Myers: ...we are thinking to fast track the
    requirements so they can be used and referenced by the WG
    [115]←
16:07:26 <karen> ...anything else, Rob, in terms of context?

     [114] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [116]Karen Myers: ...anything else, Rob, in terms of context?
    [117]←
16:07:35 <karen> Rob: in order to ensure all the requirements in the IG
are met

     [116] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers



    [118]Robert Sanderson: in order to ensure all the requirements
    of the IG are met
    [119]Karen Myers: ...in the WG process [120]←
16:07:58 <karen> ...would be great to have the usec cases if not entirel
y finished, at least be a lot more formalized than they are now

     [118] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson

     [119] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [121]Karen Myers: ...would be great to have the usec cases if
    not entirely finished, at least be a lot more formalized than
    they are now
    [122]Markus Gylling: To do this, the first thing to keep in
    mind
16:08:13 <karen> ...is that this is the process all the task forces will
  go through

     [121] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

     [122] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling


    [123]Karen Myers: ...is that this is the process all the task
    forces will go through [124]←
16:08:23 <azaroth> s/in the IG/of the IG/
16:08:25 <karen> ...Use of the wiki is in the initial stage of the Task
Force work

     [123] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [125]Karen Myers: ...Use of the wiki is in the initial stage of
    the Task Force work [126]←
16:08:29 <azaroth> s/and the WG/in the WG/
16:08:36 <karen> ...we expect taht they will formalize in Note documents
[127]

     [125] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

     [127] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    Karen Myers: ...we expect that they will formalize in Note
    documents [128]←
16:08:49 <karen> ...It looks like annotations task force will take the n
ext steps in this sequence first

    [129]Karen Myers: ...It looks like annotations task force will
    take the next steps in this sequence first [130]←
    [131]Karen Myers: ...but we want to clarify with the sequence
    first [132]←
16:09:03 <karen> ...And hope Karen can help us

     [129] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

     [131] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [133]Karen Myers: ...And hope Karen can help us [134]←
16:09:17 <karen> ...basically I think there is the following steps

     [133] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [135]Karen Myers: ...basically I think there is the following
    steps [136]←
16:09:21 <karen> ...let me throw them out here

     [135] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [137]Karen Myers: ...let me throw them out here [138]←
16:09:34 <karen> ...First is that we as an IG go over the wiki and fill
in any blanks or missing areas that we can find

     [137] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [139]Karen Myers:: ...First is that we as an IG go over the
    wiki and fill in any blanks or missing areas that we can find
    [140]←
16:09:46 <karen> ...Second step is that the task force produces a first
version of the Note document

     [139] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [141]Karen Myers: ...Second step is that the task force
    produces a first version of the Note document [142]←
16:09:51 <karen> ...and we abandon the wiki at that stage

     [141] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [143]Karen Myers: ...and we abandon the wiki at that stage
    [144]←
16:10:03 <karen> ...and likely use Respect and JS to produce a Note

     [143] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [145]Karen Myers: ...and likely use ReSpec JS to produce a Note
    [146]←
    [147]Karen Myers: ...at that point, it is the IG's first public
    draft [148]←
16:10:26 <karen> ...and we accept comments both internally with W3C and
on the mailing list within a period of time

     [145] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

     [147] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [149]Karen Myers: ...and we accept comments both internally
    with W3C and on the mailing list within a period of time [150]←
    [151]Karen Myers: ...let's say it's one month [152]←
16:10:43 <azaroth> s/Respect and JS/ReSpec JS/
16:10:43 <karen> ...And once the comment period is done and edits are do
ne, we are ready to publish the Note

     [149] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

     [151] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [153]Karen Myers: ...And once the comment period is done and
    edits are done, we are ready to publish the Note [154]←
16:10:49 <karen> ...i don't think it's much more complex than that

     [153] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [155]Karen Myers: ...i don't think it's much more complex than
    that[156]←
16:10:55 <azaroth> \me http://www.w3.org/respec/

     [155] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [157]Robert Sanderson: \me [158]http://www.w3.org/respec/
    [159]←
16:11:02 <karen> ...Notes are not too high ranking in w3C space
[160]

     [157] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson

     [158] http://www.w3.org/respec/

     [160] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    Karen Myers: ...Notes are not too high ranking in w3C space
    [161]←
16:11:44 <karen> Karen: we can review process document...just the time f
rame may need checking

    [162]Karen Myers: we can review process document...just the
    time frame may need checking
16:12:01 <karen> Markus: We need to be done...

     [162] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [163]Karen Myers: We need to be done...[164]←
16:12:06 <karen> ...does this sound feasible?

     [163] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [165]Karen Myers: ...does this sound feasible? [166]←
16:12:09 <karen> Rob: yes, that sounds good
[167]

     [165] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

     [167] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson


    Robert Sanderson:  yes, that sounds good
16:12:21 <karen> ...in terms of timing, we need to have something charte
rwise that can be discussed by 1 April

    [168]Karen Myers: ...in terms of timing, we need to have
    something charterwise that can be discussed by 1 April [169]←
16:12:27 <karen> ...meaning that the Note should be in a good state

     [168] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [170]Karen Myers: ...meaning that the Note should be in a good
    state [171]←
    [172]Karen Myers: ...according to the IG [173]←
16:12:40 <karen> ...about one month or three weeks before the annotation
s

     [170] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

     [172] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [174]Karen Myers: ...about one month or three weeks before the
    annotations [175]←
16:12:46 <karen> ...would go three weeks to write the note

     [174] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [176]Karen Myers: ...would go three weeks to write the note
    [177]←
16:12:55 <karen> Markus: are you ok with producing a version of the Note
  now

     [176] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [178]Markus Gylling: are you ok with producing a version of the
    Note now
16:12:58 <karen> ...in a week or so?

     [178] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling


    [179]Karen Myers: ...in a week or so?
    [180]←
16:13:06 <karen> Rob: I can try for within a week

     [179] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [181]Robert Sanderson:  I can try for within a week
    [182]Markus Gylling: we spend time today looking at the wiki
    about we have and don't
16:13:28 <karen> ...then have a one-week window for the IG to look at it
  further
[183]

     [181] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson

     [182] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

     [183] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    Karen Myers: ...then have a one-week window for the IG to look
    at it further [184]←
16:13:35 <Suzanne> q+

    [185]Suzanne Taylor: q+ [186]←
16:13:40 <karen> ...and then following week produce first draft version
of the Note

     [185] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Suzanne_Taylor


    [187]Karen Myers: ...and then following week produce first
    draft version of the Note
16:13:45 <karen> Rob: my only concern with that

     [187] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [188]Robert Sanderson: : my only concern with that
16:14:00 <karen> ...is having @ in the Note referring to use cases that
don't get agreed upon in the IG
[189]

     [188] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson

     [189] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    Karen Myers: ...is having @ in the Note referring to use cases
    that don't get agreed upon in the IG [190]←
16:14:08 <karen> ...if Note lists all the use cases, that is easy

    [191]Karen Myers: ...if Note lists all the use cases, that is
    easy [192]←
16:14:13 <tmichel>  first draft version of the Note I guess is an editor
's document ?

     [191] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [193]Thierry Michel: first draft version of the Note I guess is
    an editor's document ? [194]←
16:14:20 <karen> ...but if it's tracking down more references, that coul
d be complicated

     [193] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Thierry_Michel


    [195]Karen Myers: ...but if it's tracking down more references,
    that could be complicated [196]←
16:14:34 <karen> Markus: if everything goes well by next Monday, we shou
ld have IG's blessing for all or a subset?

     [195] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [197]Markus Gylling: if everything goes well by next Monday, we
    should have IG's blessing for all or a subset?
16:14:41 <karen> ...And that is your greenlight to produce a Note
[198]

     [197] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

     [198] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    Karen Myers: ...And that is your greenlight to produce a Note
    [199]←
    [200]Robert Sanderson: if we can do it in that timeframe, that
    would be fantastic
16:15:00 <karen> Markus: yes, it might take longer, but we have been thr
ough it before

     [200] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson


    [201]Markus Gylling: yes, it might take longer, but we have
    been through it before
16:15:10 <karen> ...I would be surprised to see a storm of complaints
[202]

     [201] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

     [202] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    Karen Myers: ...I would be surprised to see a storm of
    complaints [203]←
16:15:21 <karen> Thierry: the first document we will produce is a first
draft Editor's document

    [204]Thierry Michel: the first document we will produce is a
    first draft Editor's document
16:15:29 <karen> ...and once IG is ok, we'll move it to a w3C Note

     [204] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Thierry_Michel


    [205]Karen Myers: ...and once IG is ok, we'll move it to a w3C
    Note [206]←
    [207]Karen Myers: ...and sooner or later we can republish that
    Note when we want to add changes there [208]←
16:15:44 <karen> Markus: right

     [205] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

     [207] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [209]Markus Gylling: right
16:15:50 <karen> ack Suszanne

     [209] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling


    [210]Suzanne Taylor: there are accessibility implications for
    annotations
16:16:11 <Suzanne> http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Mark_Highlighting

     [210] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Suzanne_Taylor


    [211]Suzanne Taylor:
    [212]http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Mark_Highlighting [213]←
16:16:27 <Bill_Kasdorf> q+

     [211] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Suzanne_Taylor

     [212] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Mark_Highlighting


    [214]Bill Kasdorf: q+ [215]←
16:16:29 <karen> ...It would be good if Gerardo, others in accessibility
  task force had time to look over the annotations carefully

     [214] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bill_Kasdorf


    [216]Karen Myers: ...It would be good if Gerardo, others in
    accessibility task force had time to look over the annotations
    carefully [217]←
16:16:38 <karen> ...with view about making annotations themselves access
ible

     [216] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    ...with view about making annotations themselves accessible
    [218]←
16:16:47 <karen> ...We are at a conference this week and would need more
  days next week
[219]

     [219] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    Karen Myers: ...We are at a conference this week and would need
    more days next week
    [220]Markus Gylling: yes, maybe we should...
    [221]Markus Gylling:
    [222]http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/UseCase_Directory#Social_Re

    ading_and_Annotations [223]←
16:17:00 <karen> ...ask people to just navigate to this URL

     [220] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

     [221] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

     [222]
http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/UseCase_Directory#Social_Reading_and_Annotations


    [224]Karen Myers: ...ask people to just navigate to this URL
    [225]←
16:17:09 <karen> ...you jumped straight into what we have now

     [224] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [226]Karen Myers: ...you jumped straight into what we have now
    [227]←
16:17:17 <karen> ...What you referenced, Suzanne is the last use case

     [226] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [228]Karen Myers: ...What you referenced, Suzanne is the last
    use case [229]←
16:17:27 <gcapiel> I agree.  Thanks Suzzane

     [228] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [230]Gerardo Capiel: I agree. Thanks Suzzane
    [231]←
16:17:34 <karen> ...Looking at the list, Rob, to give use bearing

     [230] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Gerardo_Capiel


    [232]Karen Myers: ...Looking at the list, Rob, to give use
    bearing [233]←
16:17:40 <karen> ...from CG perspective, how complete is this

     [232] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [234]Karen Myers: ...from CG perspective, how complete is this
    [235]←
16:17:44 <karen> ...on a scale from one to 100

     [234] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [236]Karen Myers: ...on a scale from one to 100 [237]←
16:17:48 <karen> Rob: 95
[238]

     [236] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

     [238] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson


    Robert Sanderson:  95
    [239]Karen Myers: ...it pretty much covers what the CG has
    discussed [240]←
16:18:06 <karen> ...one or two things which are part of the current spec
ification

     [239] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [241]Karen Myers:: ...one or two things which are part of the
    current specification [242]←
16:18:15 <karen> ...that there were use cases for but they were very spe
cific

     [241] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [243]Karen Myers: ...that there were use cases for but they
    were very specific [244]←
16:18:22 <karen> ...cannot think of anything that made them useful in pu
blishing domain

     [243] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [245]Karen Myers: ...cannot think of anything that made them
    useful in publishing domain [246]←
16:18:29 <karen> ...A few things not in CG such as packages use cases

     [245] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [247]Karen Myers: ...A few things not in CG such as packages
    use cases [248]←
16:18:42 <karen> ...and recording the state of user manipulated resource
s is not covered

     [247] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [249]Karen Myers:...and recording the state of user manipulated
    resources is not covered [250]←
16:18:47 <karen> ...that is far too complicated to come out

     [249] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [251]Karen Myers: ...that is far too complicated to come out
    [252]←
16:19:01 <karen> Markus: yes, I see a bunch that comes from discussions
we have had here and within the EPUB WG

     [251] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [253]Markus Gylling: yes, I see a bunch that comes from
    discussions we have had here and within the EPUB WG
16:19:08 <karen> ...the packaging of annotations as well as under other

     [253] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling


    [254]Karen Myers: ...the packaging of annotations as well as
    under other [255]←
16:19:09 <Zakim> -lizadaly

     [254] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    Zakim IRC Bot: -lizadaly [256]←
16:19:15 <lizadaly> argh

    [257]Liza Daly: argh [258]←
16:19:20 <karen> ...specififying the target audience stem from EPUB work
[259]

     [257] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Liza_Daly

     [259] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    Karen Myers: ...specififying the target audience stem from EPUB
    work [260]←
16:19:24 <karen> Rob: huge jump slightly

    [261]Robert Sanderson:  huge jump slightly
16:19:40 <mgylling> q?

     [261] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson


    [262]Markus Gylling: q? [263]←
16:19:42 <Zakim> +lizadaly

     [262] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling


    Zakim IRC Bot: +lizadaly [264]←
16:19:43 <karen> ...Suzanne, did you expect that accessibility of annota
tions is an accessibility use case, an annotations use case, or both
[265]

     [265] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    Karen Myers: ...Suzanne, did you expect that accessibility of
    annotations is an accessibility use case, an annotations use
    case, or both [266]←
16:19:52 <karen> Suzanne: I worry...most important thing

    [267]Suzanne Taylor: I worry...most important thing
16:19:58 <karen> ...is that actual interface be accessible

     [267] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Suzanne_Taylor


    [268]Karen Myers: ...is that actual interface be accessible
    [269]←
16:20:08 <karen> ...if we keep it only in accessibility it will be in a
second releasea

     [268] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [270]Karen Myers: ...if we keep it only in accessibility it
    will be in a second releasea [271]←
16:20:20 <karen> ...I would like to see it in the annotations work if po
ssible

     [270] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [272]Karen Myers: ...I would like to see it in the annotations
    work if possible [273]←
16:20:24 <karen> Gerardo: I totally agree

     [272] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [274]Gerardo Capiel: I totally agree
16:20:44 <karen> ...accessibility was not thought through in first pass
with [example Hypothes.is]

     [274] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Gerardo_Capiel


    [275]Karen Myers: ...accessibility was not thought through in
    first pass with [example Hypothes.is] [276]←
16:20:49 <karen> ...description, post production

     [275] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [277]Karen Myers: ...description, post production [278]←
16:21:13 <karen> Markus: we got that you agree with Suzanne

     [277] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [279]Markus Gylling: we got that you agree with Suzanne
16:21:22 <karen> ...So is that an easy item for you to carry in here, Ro
b?

     [279] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling


    [280]Karen Myers:: ...So is that an easy item for you to carry
    in here, Rob? [281]←
16:21:40 <karen> Rob: I am not at all versed in accessibility concerns,
but happy to work with people who are
[282]

     [280] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

     [282] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson


    Robert Sanderson:  I am not at all versed in accessibility
    concerns, but happy to work with people who are
16:21:47 <karen> ...I could not draft a first version of that requiremen
t

    [283]Karen Myers: ...I could not draft a first version of that
    requirement [284]←
16:21:49 <karen> Markus: right

     [283] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [285]Markus Gylling: right
16:22:00 <karen> ...if we look at your collection right now, it is not t
alking about interface properties
[286]

     [285] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

     [286] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    Karen Myers: ...if we look at your collection right now, it is
    not talking about interface properties [287]←
    [288]Karen Myers:...talking about the data itself, not the
    interface [289]←
    [290]Robert Sanderson: one does touch on interface
16:22:20 <gcapiel> Sorry, on train.  I was just saying that annotations
are very applicable for post-production image description and descriptio
n of other visual elements.  Also, it seems that accessibility has been
an afterthought with existing solutions.

     [288] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

     [290] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson


    [291]Gerardo Capiel: Sorry, on train. I was just saying that
    annotations are very applicable for post-production image
    description and description of other visual elements. Also, it
    seems that accessibility has been an afterthought with existing
    solutions. [292]←
16:22:23 <karen> ...maintaining interface style

     [291] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Gerardo_Capiel


    [293]Karen Myers: ...maintaining interface style [294]←
16:22:29 <karen> ...draw in white vs black

     [293] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [295]Karen Myers: ...draw in white vs black [296]←
16:22:42 <karen> ...place a pop-up at this point so as not to cover up u
seful text
[297]

     [295] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

     [297] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    Karen Myers: ...place a pop-up at this point so as not to cover
    up useful text [298]←
16:22:56 <karen> ...those are related to the user experience, if not rel
ated to the user interface
[299]

     [299] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    Karen Myers: ...those are related to the user experience, if
    not related to the user interface [300]←
16:23:10 <karen> Suzanne: I would suggest that the accessibility task fo
rce read through and add small comments

    [301]Suzanne Taylor: I would suggest that the accessibility
    task force read through and add small comments
16:23:24 <karen> ...and then we add one additional use case which descri
bes the recommended functionality

     [301] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Suzanne_Taylor


    [302]Karen Myers: ...and then we add one additional use case
    which describes the recommended functionality [303]←
    [304]Karen Myers: ...or requirements [305]←
16:23:41 <karen> ...we have an initial draft and could vet that and move
  over to annotations area

     [302] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

     [304] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [306]Karen Myers: ...we have an initial draft and could vet
    that and move over to annotations area [307]←
16:23:54 <karen> Markus: in terms of the accessibility task force review
, what date can we set for you?

     [306] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [308]Markus Gylling: in terms of the accessibility task force
    review, what date can we set for you?
16:24:05 <karen> ...Any chance you can do this by next Monday, or is tha
t overly optimistic?

     [308] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling


    [309]Karen Myers: ...Any chance you can do this by next Monday,
    or is that overly optimistic? [310]←
16:24:11 <karen> Gerardo: I can work on the plane

     [309] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [311]Gerardo Capiel: I can work on the plane

     [311] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Gerardo_Capiel


    [312]Richard Schwerdtfeger: I would like to look at it, but
    have people in Austin this week
16:24:33 <karen> ...so could not get to it until the weekend or early ne
xt week
[313]

     [312] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Richard_Schwerdtfeger

     [313] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    Karen Myers: ...so could not get to it until the weekend or
    early next week [314]←
16:24:42 <karen> Suzanne: I would have trouble getting to it by the 3rd;
  maybe the 5th

    [315]Suzanne Taylor: I would have trouble getting to it by the
    3rd; maybe the 5th
16:24:47 <karen> Markus: ok, that sounds good
[316]

     [315] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Suzanne_Taylor

     [316] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling


    Markus Gylling: ok, that sounds good
16:25:05 <karen> Action: Suzanne, Gerardo and Rich to complete accessibi
lity review by 4 February

    ACTION: Suzanne, Gerardo and Rich to complete accessibility
    review by 4 February [317]←
16:25:05 <trackbot> Error finding 'Suzanne,'. You can review and registe
r nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/track/users>.

    Trackbot IRC Bot: Error finding 'Suzanne,'. You can review and
    register nicknames at
    <[318]http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/track/users>. [319]←
16:25:17 <karen> ack Bill
[320]

     [318] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/track/users%3E.

     [320] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    Karen Myers: ack Bill [321]←
16:25:28 <gcapiel> There's some discussion of this topic during an Acces
sibility Sprint which included Hypothes.is who has been involved in the
annotations work http://kefletcher.blogspot.com/2013/06/born-digital-bor

n-accessible-sprint.html?m=1

    [322]Gerardo Capiel: There's some discussion of this topic
    during an Accessibility Sprint which included Hypothes.is who
    has been involved in the annotations work
    [323]http://kefletcher.blogspot.com/2013/06/born-digital-born-a

    ccessible-sprint.html?m=1 [324]←
16:25:28 <karen> Bill: I put that on when Suzanne first commented

     [322] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Gerardo_Capiel

     [323]
http://kefletcher.blogspot.com/2013/06/born-digital-born-accessible-sprint.html?m=1


    [325]Bill Kasdorf: I put that on when Suzanne first commented
16:25:39 <karen> ...there are also metadata implications for the annotat
ions spec
[326]

     [325] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bill_Kasdorf

     [326] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    Karen Myers: ...there are also metadata implications for the
    annotations spec [327]←
16:25:48 <karen> ...but our situation is the opposite of accessibility

    [328]Karen Myers: ...but our situation is the opposite of
    accessibility [329]←
    [330]Karen Myers: ...metadata should take into account the
    finished state [331]←...rather than delay things [332]←
16:26:13 <karen> ...metadata responds to use cases for implications

     [328] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

     [330] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [333]Karen Myers: ...metadata responds to use cases for
    implications [334]←
16:26:24 <karen> Rob: What do people think about scope of metadata?
[335]

     [333] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

     [335] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson


    Robert Sanderson:  What do people think about scope of
    metadata?
16:26:34 <karen> Bill: you are involved intimately in both

    [336]Bill Kasdorf: you are involved intimately in both
16:26:51 <karen> Rob: Should metadata task force discuss annotations for
  metadata as well as publications, or both?

     [336] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bill_Kasdorf


    [337]Robert Sanderson:  Should metadata task force discuss
    annotations for metadata as well as publications, or both?
16:27:03 <karen> Markus: Bill?

     [337] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson


    [338]Markus Gylling: Bill?
16:27:09 <karen> Bill: waiting for others to respond

     [338] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling


    [339]Bill Kasdorf: waiting for others to respond
16:27:15 <karen> ...I think there will be blurred lines there

     [339] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bill_Kasdorf


    [340]Karen Myers: ...I think there will be blurred lines there
    [341]←
16:27:24 <karen> ...publications...whether regarding annotations or basi
c publication

     [340] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [342]Karen Myers: ...publications...whether regarding
    annotations or basic publication [343]←
16:27:34 <karen> ...we can responsibly address them after the annotation
  issues are clarified

     [342] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [344]Karen Myers: ...we can responsibly address them after the
    annotation issues are clarified [345]←
    [346]Karen Myers: ...we would not be driving annotations use
    cases, but some use cases could arise [347]←
16:27:51 <karen> Markus: ok, good

     [344] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

     [346] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [348]Markus Gylling: ok, good
16:27:55 <lizadaly> q?

     [348] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling


    [349]Liza Daly: q? [350]←
16:28:02 <azaroth> ack azaroth

     [349] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Liza_Daly


    [351]Robert Sanderson: ack azaroth [352]←
16:28:17 <karen> Markus: in terms of timing

     [351] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson


    [353]Markus Gylling: in terms of timing
16:28:28 <karen> ....by 5th the accessibility review is completed

     [353] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling


    [354]Karen Myers: ....by 5th the accessibility review is
    completed [355]←
16:28:35 <karen> ...so we can target February 10

     [354] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [356]Karen Myers: ...so we can target February 10 [357]←
16:28:48 <karen> ...which would be our first opportunity for IG blessing
  to have first draft for review

     [356] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [358]Karen Myers: ...which would be our first opportunity for
    IG blessing to have first draft for review [359]←
16:28:55 <karen> ...and review is not only for accessibility folks

     [358] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [360]Karen Myers: ...and review is not only for accessibility
    folks [361]←
16:29:05 <karen> ...please feel free to provide your input in the next w
eek

     [360] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [362]Karen Myers: ...please feel free to provide your input in
    the next week [363]←
16:29:07 <Zakim> -fjh

     [362] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    Zakim IRC Bot: -fjh [364]←
16:29:16 <karen> ...Rob, anything you want to alert the IG on when we re
ad through this?

    [365]Karen Myers: ...Rob, anything you want to alert the IG on
    when we read through this? [366]←
16:29:24 <Zakim> +[IPcaller]

     [365] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    Zakim IRC Bot: +[IPcaller] [367]←
16:29:26 <karen> ...weak areas, potential blind spots that you have been
  thinkign about?

    [368]Karen Myers: ...weak areas, potential blind spots that you
    have been thinkign about? [369]←
16:29:29 <fjh> zakim, IPcaller is me

     [368] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [370]Frederick Hirsch: zakim, IPcaller is me [371]←
16:29:29 <Zakim> +fjh; got it

     [370] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Frederick_Hirsch


    Zakim IRC Bot: +fjh; got it [372]←
16:29:31 <karen> Rob: I don't think so

    [373]Robert Sanderson:  I don't think so
16:29:43 <karen> ...the later use cases are weaker than the earlier ones
  just due to use case fatigue

     [373] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson


    [374]Karen Myers: ...the later use cases are weaker than the
    earlier ones just due to use case fatigue [375]←
16:29:49 <karen> ...any comments and suggestions are very welcome

     [374] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [376]Karen Myers: ...any comments and suggestions are very
    welcome [377]←
16:29:56 <karen> Markus: the queue is empty

     [376] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [378]Markus Gylling: the queue is empty
16:30:11 <karen> ...if there are not more comments on annotations, we ar
e ready to move onto the next agenda item

     [378] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling


    [379]Karen Myers: ...if there are not more comments on
    annotations, we are ready to move onto the next agenda item
    [380]←
    [381]Karen Myers: ...I'm glad we have Gerardo and Suzanne here
    [382]←
16:30:30 <karen> ...as the next item relates to accessibility

     [379] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

     [381] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [383]Karen Myers: ...as the next item relates to accessibility
    [384]←
    [385]Karen Myers: ...and we have Rich here as well [386]←
16:30:39 <karen> ...Rich, perhaps you can summarize

     [383] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

     [385] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [387]Karen Myers: ...Rich, perhaps you can summarize
    [388]Richard Schwerdtfeger: one of things we agreed to do is to
    create some modules off of ARIA to apply additional semantics
    to assistive technologies through browsers
16:31:09 <karen> ...make structural semantics available through ARIA

     [387] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

     [388] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Richard_Schwerdtfeger


    [389]Karen Myers: ...make structural semantics available
    through ARIA [390]←
    [391]Karen Myers: ...we would need to have some people from
    this IG part of that effort [392]←
16:31:32 <karen> ...and coordinate with main WG and collaborate

     [389] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

     [391] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [393]Karen Myers: ...and coordinate with main WG and
    collaborate [394]←
    [395]Karen Myers:...We would start with structural semantics
    [396]←
16:31:45 <karen> ...we don't want to slow down the work others are doing

     [393] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

     [395] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [397]Karen Myers:: ...we don't want to slow down the work
    others are doing
16:31:56 <karen> ...Would be great if someone could volunteer to do the
editing

     [397] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [398]Karen Myers: ...Would be great if someone could volunteer
    to do the editing [399]←
16:32:00 <karen> ...does that summarzie?

     [398] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [400]Karen Myers: ...does that summarzie?
    [401]Markus Gylling: yes; what timeline?
    [402]Richard Schwerdtfeger: Depends how fast we move and get
    things implemented
16:32:27 <karen> ...you have done most of work, you have defined semanti
cs
[403]

     [400] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

     [401] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

     [402] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Richard_Schwerdtfeger

     [403] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    Karen Myers: ...you have done most of work, you have defined
    semantics [404]←
16:32:33 <karen> ...main thing is to get out to browsers

    [405]Karen Myers: ...main thing is to get out to browsers
    [406]←
16:32:41 <karen> ...biggest thing is getting to CR

     [405] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [407]Karen Myers: ...biggest thing is getting to CR [408]←
16:32:46 <karen> ...we're looking for 1.1 by end of next eyar

     [407] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [409]Karen Myers: ...we're looking for 1.1 by end of next year
    [410]←
16:33:00 <karen> ...I don't know if we can do it in that time frame, but
  I'm willing to work with people to get that to happen

     [409] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [411]Karen Myers: ...I don't know if we can do it in that time
    frame, but I'm willing to work with people to get that to
    happen
    [412]Karen Myers: ...I work with many assistive technology
    vendors
    [413]Gerardo Capiel: Some of this also came out [414]←
16:33:21 <karen> ...from @

     [411] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

     [412] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

     [413] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Gerardo_Capiel


    [415]Karen Myers: ...from @ [416]←
16:33:29 <karen> ...when we had discussion with SVG WG

     [415] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [417]Karen Myers: ...when we had discussion with SVG WG [418]←
16:33:33 <karen> ...graphs in SVG

     [417] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [419]Karen Myers: ...graphs in SVG [420]←
16:33:39 <karen> ...need for additional ARIA roles came up

     [419] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [421]Karen Myers: ...need for additional ARIA roles came up
    [422]←
16:33:45 <karen> ...Rich and Doug Schepers know about it
[423]

     [421] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

     [423] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    Karen Myers: ...Rich and Doug Schepers know about it [424]←
16:33:52 <karen> ...We are planning a call at EDUPUB2

    [425]Karen Myers: ...We are planning a call at EDUPUB2
    [426]Richard Schwerdtfeger: We also agreed to form a module for
    graphics

     [425] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

     [426] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Richard_Schwerdtfeger


16:34:09 <karen> ...as long as that's not an issue

    [427]Karen Myers: ...as long as that's not an issue [428]←
16:34:12 <karen> Gerardo: perfect

     [427] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [429]Gerardo Capiel: perfect
    [430]Markus Gylling: We have @ from ETS
16:34:27 <karen> ...is that possible for 1.1?

     [429] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Gerardo_Capiel

     [430] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling


    [431]Karen Myers: ...is that possible for 1.1? [432]←
    [433]Karen Myers: we are full up [434]←
16:34:41 <karen> ...I would have to take that back to the working group
[435]

     [431] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

     [433] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

     [435] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    Karen Myers: ...I would have to take that back to the working
    group [436]←
16:34:46 <karen> ...were you thinking TI?

    [437]Karen Myers: ...were you thinking TI? [438]←
16:34:58 <karen> Markus: Mark Hakenen and you, Laura have been thinking

     [437] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [439]Markus Gylling: Mark Hakenen and you, Laura have been
    thinking
16:35:04 <karen> Laura: Mark has been working with you

     [439] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling


    [440]Laura Fowler: Mark has been working with you
16:35:10 <karen> ...and will be talking about ARIA at EDUPUB

     [440] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Laura_Fowler


    [441]Karen Myers: ...and will be talking about ARIA at EDUPUB
    [442]←
16:35:15 <karen> Markus: right

     [441] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [443]Markus Gylling: right
    [444]Laura Fowler: I don't know how far he has gotten with that
16:35:26 <gcapiel> To add to minutes, I'm referring to using ARIA roles
to aid SVG sonification

     [443] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

     [444] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Laura_Fowler


    [445]Gerardo Capiel: To add to minutes, I'm referring to using
    ARIA roles to aid SVG sonification [446]←
16:35:29 <karen> ...or how ready he would be

     [445] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Gerardo_Capiel


    [447]Karen Myers: ...or how ready he would be [448]←
16:35:44 <karen> Markus: we hope to clarify parts of that at EDUPUB2

     [447] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [449]Markus Gylling: we hope to clarify parts of that at
    EDUPUB2
    [450]Karen Myers: ...if I understand there are two modules
    agreed [451]←
16:36:02 <karen> ...one for graphics and one for basic ebooks semantics

     [449] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

     [450] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [452]Karen Myers: ...one for graphics and one for basic ebooks
    semantics [453]←
    [454]Karen Myers: ...your call for participation and editor is
    for both? [455]←
    [456]Karen Myers:...or epub ones?
    [457]Richard Schwerdtfeger: I want to meet with Doug and
    Gerardo at EDUPUB 2
16:36:35 <karen> ...I'm chairing accessibility workshop

     [452] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

     [454] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

     [456] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

     [457] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Richard_Schwerdtfeger


    [458]Karen Myers: ...I'm chairing accessibility workshop
    M[459]arkus Gylling: If anyone wants to sign up for this
    module, make yourself heard
16:36:58 <Suzanne> I will volunteer to participate

     [458] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

     [459] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling


    [460]Suzanne Taylor: I will volunteer to participate [461]←
16:37:00 <karen> ...I plan to join but would love to have more people sh
owing up

     [460] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Suzanne_Taylor


    [462]Karen Myers: ...I plan to join but would love to have more
    people showing up [463]←
16:37:15 <karen> ...Rich, anything else from TF meeting last week?

     [462] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [464]Karen Myers: ...Rich, anything else from TF meeting last
    week?
    [465]Richard Schwerdtfeger: we're looking at test cases and the
    2.0 timeline as well
16:37:34 <karen> Markus: seeing that we have a little extra time

     [464] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

     [465] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Richard_Schwerdtfeger


    [466]Markus Gylling: seeing that we have a little extra time
16:37:59 <karen> ...as most of you know, we use the epub colon type attr
ibutes    16:37:50 <karen> ...One of things that's going on, is that IDP
F and epub is looking for a more native solution to express structural s
emantics[467]Karen
               Myers: ...One of things
       that's going on, is that IDPF and epub is looking for a more nativ
e
       solution to express structural semantics [468]←

     [466] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

     [467] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


[469]

     [469] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    Karen Myers: ...as most of you know, we use the epub colon type
    attributes [470]←
16:38:17 <karen> ...we are exploring options to move away from that, not
  name-space based, but something more native based to browser stack

    [471]Karen Myers: ...we are exploring options to move away from
    that, not name-space based, but something more native based to
    browser stack [472]←
16:38:20 <karen> ...a couple solutions

     [471] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [473]Karen Myers: ...a couple solutions [474]←
16:38:26 <karen> ..have been suggestions
[475]

     [473] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

     [475] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    Karen Myers:..have been suggestions [476]←
16:38:34 <karen> ...one from Robin Berjon, editor of HTML5

    [477]Karen Myers: ...one from Robin Berjon, editor of HTML5
    [478]←
    [479]Karen Myers:...another option is to make the rule
    attributes less @ centric and more generic [480]←
16:39:05 <karen> ...Is that right Rich?

     [477] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

     [479] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [481]Karen Myers: ...Is that right Rich?
    [482]Richard Schwerdtfeger: yes, as long as it does not break
    accessibility
16:39:28 <karen> ...services...then I don't see an issue

     [481] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

     [482] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Richard_Schwerdtfeger


    [483]Karen Myers: ...services...then I don't see an issue
    [484]Markus Gylling: this means there are two avenues to look
    into
16:39:42 <karen> ...this IG is only partially involved here

     [483] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

     [484] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling


    [485]Karen Myers: ...this IG is only partially involved here
    [486]Karen Myers:...serving as a bridge to these discussions
    [487]←
16:40:00 <karen> ...but sounds more like a discussion that needs to happ
en with HTML5 folks and the TF

     [485] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

     [486] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [488]Karen Myers: ...but sounds more like a discussion that
    needs to happen with HTML5 folks and the TF [489]←
16:40:08 <karen> ...any more questions regarding PF and roles?

     [488] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [490]Karen Myers: ...any more questions regarding PF and roles?
16:40:12 <karen> ...great
[491]

     [490] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

     [491] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    Karen Myers: ...great [492]←
16:40:22 <karen> ...we'll see, Rich, how it goes with the call for parti
cipation

    [493]Karen Myers: ...we'll see, Rich, how it goes with the call
    for participation [494]←
16:40:32 <karen> ...we'll try perhaps to gather people to sign up for ne
xt week's call

     [493] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [495]Karen Myers: ...we'll try perhaps to gather people to sign
    up for next week's call
16:40:36 <karen> ...with a week to think about this

     [495] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [496]Karen Myers: ...with a week to think about this
    [497]Richard Schwerdtfeger: that's perfect [timeline]
    [498]Markus Gylling: final agenda item is the focus task force
    for next meeting
16:41:02 <karen> ...I wrote to two of them

     [496] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

     [497] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Richard_Schwerdtfeger

     [498] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling


    [499]Karen Myers:: ...I wrote to two of them [500]←
16:41:12 <karen> ...I see some in a pretty early state

     [499] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [501]Karen Myers: ...I see some in a pretty early state [502]←
16:41:15 <karen> ...such as metadata

     [501] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [503]Karen Myers:...such as metadata [504]←
16:41:23 <karen> ...Bill, Brady, what do you think?

     [503] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [505]Karen Myers: ...Bill, Brady, what do you think? [506]←
16:41:36 <karen> Bill: I would be happy to next week focus on metadata i
f group wants to do that
[507]

     [505] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

     [507] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bill_Kasdorf


    Bill Kasdorf: I would be happy to next week focus on metadata
    if group wants to do that
16:41:45 <karen> ...Ivan will be on call next week; hope Madi would be a
s well

    [508]Karen Myers:...Ivan will be on call next week; hope Madi
    would be as well [509]←
16:41:57 <karen> ...It did just get started up

     [508] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [510]Karen Myers: ...It did just get started up [511]←
16:42:11 <karen> ...if we devote next week's meeting, we should avoid ge
tting into specifics, and focus on scope

     [510] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [512]Karen Myers: ...if we devote next week's meeting, we
    should avoid getting into specifics, and focus on scope [513]←
16:42:22 <karen> ...it's easy to get into the weeds in the metadata disc
ussions

     [512] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [514]Karen Myers: ...it's easy to get into the weeds in the
    metadata discussions [515]←
16:42:28 <karen> ...what became immediately clear on wiki discussions

     [514] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [516]Karen Myers:: ...what became immediately clear on wiki
    discussions [517]←
    [518]Karen Myers: ...is the importance of emphasizing the what
    rather than the how [519]←
16:42:41 <karen> ...the mechanisms and solutions

     [516] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

     [518] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [520]Karen Myers: ...the mechanisms and solutions [521]←
16:42:50 <karen> ...lots of details about metadata vocabularies

     [520] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [522]Karen Myers: ...lots of details about metadata
    vocabularies [523]←
16:42:55 <karen> Brady: on the pagination side

     [522] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [524]Brady Duga: on the pagination side
16:43:02 <karen> ...I don't remember agreeing to head this group

     [524] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Brady_Duga


    [525]Karen Myers: ...I don't remember agreeing to head this
    group [526]←
16:43:09 <karen> ...I may have been nominated for it

     [525] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [527]Karen Myers: ...I may have been nominated for it [528]←
16:43:18 <karen> ...I am editing the wiki with behavioral adaptations

     [527] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [529]Karen Myers: ...I am editing the wiki with behavioral
    adaptations [530]←
16:43:29 <karen> ...but don't recall heading that group

     [529] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [531]Karen Myers: ...but don't recall heading that group [532]←
16:43:31 <karen> Markus: that is right

     [531] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [533]Markus Gylling: that is right
16:43:39 <karen> ...you took action to add DOM pagination

     [533] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling


    [534]Karen Myers: ...you took action to add DOM pagination
    [535]←
    [536]Karen Myers:...I am to blame for elevating you to task
    force lead [537]←
16:43:49 <brady_duga> Sorry, deadzone

     [534] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

     [536] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [538]Brady Duga: Sorry, deadzone [539]←
16:43:52 <brady_duga> I dropped

     [538] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Brady_Duga


    [540]Brady Duga: I dropped [541]←
16:43:54 <karen> ...this is an important area

     [540] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Brady_Duga


    [542]Karen Myers: ...this is an important area [543]←
16:44:07 <karen> ...even if we change the task force lead to someone els
e, we still need to get going

     [542] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [544]Karen Myers: ...even if we change the task force lead to
    someone else, we still need to get going [545]←
16:44:16 <karen> Bill: I am happy to have call focus on metadata

     [544] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [546]Bill Kasdorf: I am happy to have call focus on metadata
16:44:24 <karen> ...we have a framework for discussion on the wiki

     [546] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Bill_Kasdorf


    [547]Karen Myers: ...we have a framework for discussion on the
    wiki [548]←
    [549]Karen Myers:...but if next week is better used for @ I am
    happy to defer [550]←
16:44:51 <karen> Markus: I think we are good to go with metadata next we
ek

     [547] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

     [549] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [551]Markus Gylling: I think we are good to go with metadata
    next week
16:44:59 <karen> ...and Brady and I can sort things out on pagination
[552]

     [551] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

     [552] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    Karen Myers: ...and Brady and I can sort things out on
    pagination [553]←
16:45:07 <karen> Brady: I will be adding some stuff to the wiki

    [554]Brady Duga: I will be adding some stuff to the wiki
16:45:20 <karen> ...will be a strength to that section and I'll particip
ate in that group

     [554] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Brady_Duga


    [555]Karen Myers: ...will be a strength to that section and
    I'll participate in that group [556]←
16:45:23 <karen> ...On a side note

     [555] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [557]Karen Myers: ...On a side note [558]←
16:45:33 <karen> ...adding something to wiki, we don't have reading syst
em authors there

     [557] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [559]Karen Myers: ...adding something to wiki, we don't have
    reading system authors there [560]←
16:45:46 <karen> Markus: that is still open-ended

     [559] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [561]Markus Gylling: that is still open-ended
    [562]Karen Myers: ...if you find yourself in corner, feel free
    to add it [563]←
16:46:04 <karen> Brady: just add it and it appears?

     [561] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

     [562] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [564]Brady Duga: just add it and it appears?
16:46:05 <karen> Markus: yes

     [564] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Brady_Duga


    [565]Markus Gylling: yes
16:46:12 <karen> ...I think we are settled and done for the day?

     [565] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling


    [566]Karen Myers: ...I think we are settled and done for the
    day? [567]←
16:46:16 <karen> ...Any other business?

     [566] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [568]Karen Myers: ...Any other business? [569]←
16:46:21 <karen> ...super

     [568] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [570]Karen Myers: ...super [571]←
16:46:30 <karen> ...please recall your review of the annotations collect
ions warmly welcome

     [570] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [572]Karen Myers:...please recall your review of the
    annotations collections warmly welcome [573]←
16:46:45 <karen> ...Suzanne, Rich and Gerardo will do a dedicated review
  from an accessibility perspective

     [572] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [574]Karen Myers: ...Suzanne, Rich and Gerardo will do a
    dedicated review from an accessibility perspective
    [575]Richard Schwerdtfeger: Are there any other aspects of
    annotation being included?
16:47:02 <karen> ...I saw a mark

     [574] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

     [575] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Richard_Schwerdtfeger


    [576]Karen Myers: ...I saw a mark [577]←
16:47:04 <Zakim> -duga

     [576] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    Zakim IRC Bot: -duga [578]←
16:47:11 <karen> ...are you referencing mark element in HTML5?

    [579]Karen Myers: ...are you referencing mark element in HTML5?
    [580]←
16:47:19 <karen> Markus: Maybe you are not aware of the open annotation
CG

     [579] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [581]Markus Gylling: Maybe you are not aware of the open
    annotation CG
16:47:23 <karen> ...you mentioned at the PF call
[582]

     [581] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

     [582] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    Karen Myers: ...you mentioned at the PF call [583]←
16:47:29 <azaroth> http://www.w3.org/community/openannotation/

    [584]Robert Sanderson:
    [585]http://www.w3.org/community/openannotation/ [586]←
16:47:31 <mgylling> http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/UseCase_Directory#Soc
ial_Reading_and_Annotations

     [584] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson

     [585] http://www.w3.org/community/openannotation/


    [587]Markus Gylling:
    [588]http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/UseCase_Directory#Social_Re

    ading_and_Annotations [589]←
16:47:34 <karen> Markus: Rob Sanderson from this group is co-chair of th
at

     [587] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

     [588]
http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/UseCase_Directory#Social_Reading_and_Annotations


    [590]Markus Gylling: Rob Sanderson from this group is co-chair
    of that
16:47:40 <Zakim> -fjh

     [590] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling


    Zakim IRC Bot: -fjh [591]←
16:47:45 <karen> ...and is working with W3C staff to propose a rec track
  version of open annotations

    [592]Karen Myers: ...and is working with W3C staff to propose a
    rec track version of open annotations
    [593]Karen Myers: ...and epub also working on integrating
    [594]←
16:47:58 <karen> ...you may want to read in on that
[595]

     [592] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

     [593] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers

     [595] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    Karen Myers: ...you may want to read in on that [596]←
    [597]Karen Myers:...good opportunity for an inverted long desk
    [598]←
16:48:21 <karen> Rob: if there is anything I can do to help, shoot me an
  email; happy to do what I can

     [597] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    [599]Robert Sanderson:  if there is anything I can do to help,
    shoot me an email; happy to do what I can
    M[600]arkus Gylling: any other questions?
16:48:34 <karen> ...thank you for today
[601]

     [599] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Robert_Sanderson

     [600] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Markus_Gylling

     [601] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    Karen Myers: ...thank you for today [602]←
16:48:38 <karen> ...thank you, Karen for scribing

    [603]Karen Myers: ...thank you, Karen for scribing
16:48:39 <Zakim> -gcapiel

     [603] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    Zakim IRC Bot: -gcapiel [604]←
16:48:40 <Zakim> -lizadaly

    Zakim IRC Bot: -lizadaly [605]←
16:48:40 <Zakim> -mgylling

    Zakim IRC Bot: -mgylling [606]←
16:48:41 <Zakim> - +1.646.336.aabb

    Zakim IRC Bot: - +1.646.336.aabb [607]←
16:48:42 <Zakim> -dshkolnik

    Zakim IRC Bot: -dshkolnik [608]←
16:48:42 <Zakim> -Vlad

    Zakim IRC Bot: -Vlad [609]←
16:48:42 <Zakim> -Bill_Kasdorf

    Zakim IRC Bot: -Bill_Kasdorf [610]←
16:48:43 <karen> ...meeting adjourned
[611]

     [611] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Karen_Myers


    Karen Myers:...meeting adjourned
    [612]Richard Schwerdtfeger: (handle)42@gmail.com
17:05:01 <Zakim> disconnecting the lone participant, Marilyn, in DPUB_DP
UBIG()11:00AM
      __________________________________________________________

     [612] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Richard_Schwerdtfeger



Received on Tuesday, 28 January 2014 14:41:00 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:35:48 UTC