Re: Whose problem is a strange French typesetting habit...

Oh, it looks like I mislead you. The link below points to 2011 version of
the WD. Its latest version is here[1]. As you can see, we've made it Last
Call two weeks ago by deferring the 'text-spacing' property to future
levels.

So if the IG supports this property (because it does not require authors
to use <q>, or it supports '!' case while <q> does not, etc.,) I would
recommend:
1. Express IG's interest for the property.
2. It's probably too late to add it back to level 3, so ask CSS WG to
start working on CSS Text Level 4.
3. Not directly related, but helping Text Level 3 will help Level 4,
because of resource conflicts.
4. Further, maybe someone in this IG can join CSS WG to help
editing/implementing Text Level 4.

I am interested in working on Text Level 4, but I have other specs as
well, such as Writing Modes, Ruby, and Text Decorations, and not many in
the WG are interested in working on text related staff. Clarifying
priorities among features from the IG point of view is helpful. Editor
volunteers would be also a great support. Implementation and test suites
for Level 3/4 would help us as well, because it'll help our time to find
them.

Peter and Bert might be better at suggesting how IG can support WG to work
on Text Level 4.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/css-text-3/

/koji