Re: Whose problem is a strange French typesetting habit...

On 26/10/2013 22:28 , Eric Aubourg wrote:
> Indeed, there should be a space in French before any "double"
> punctuation. But in good quality typesetting, this space is a thin
> space ("quart de cadratin").

Except before ":" where it is a full-width space (but non-breaking
obviously).

My understanding is that this particularly ugly affectation is specific
to fr-FR and does not have currency in fr-CA (I don't know about other
variants).

> It would of course be a great thing to have CSS (best) or the reading
> system (universality issue) take this into account.

Ideally this should be a matter of reader preference.