Re: Current status of DID Core implementations (June 2021)

On 6/28/21 3:29 AM, Markus Sabadello wrote:
> I don't think it's true that we are lacking enough implementations for
> "deactivated"

Apologies, we have enough implementations for deactivated being set to
"true"... 3 of them, as you mentioned. The test suite is picking up those
implementations.

We do not have enough implementations for deactivated being set to "false"...
only btcr returns `deactivated: false`... which means the implementations are
not returning `deactivated: false`... which is optional.

This one is tricky... it's probably a bad normative statement; we shouldn't
have made it optional because now libraries will have to patch the return
value if they want to be able to depend on the property always being there.

So, there is a weak argument to keep it -- people did implement it; they just
BROADLY didn't implement the optional one where you explicitly state that the
DID isn't deactivated.

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
https://www.digitalbazaar.com/