Re: Protocol for requesting private data?

Thanks all,

I've read all the replies so far with great interest.

One small question about the below which I don't think has been addressed
yet:

On Wed, 29 Apr 2020 at 11:11, Adrian Gropper <agropper@healthurl.com> wrote:

> If I understand correctly, this is a case where the DID has a “controller”
> service endpoint that is an Authorization Server. (The AS standard is now
> being improved as “transactional authorization” in IETF.)

Can you link me to the AS standard?

And now I can't resist a broader comment...

The “private” shoe size itself might be held in a secure data store such as
> is operated by my hospital because they have a really good foot x-ray lab.
>
> In this architecture, the hospital is a processor (of foot x-rays) and the
> authorization server, like the rest of the DID, is my controller.

Yes, this three party situation is roughly what I had in mind. Of course it
generalises to two parties if I want to attest to my own shoe size...

In my mind, the value of a "specific / concrete" protocol in either case is
that the party with the data can be 'smart' in various dumb ways, doing
things such as: letting people know I have a shoe size to offer (if you're
interested), attaching 'conditions' to access, such as a promise to delete
the data after 30 days, allowing toe size to be requested, refusing to give
data about more than 6 toes, for example, checking the credentials of the
request, reporting this succinctly to a user in the context of that uses
preferences, etc., etc.

I'm fairly sure all this has been 'painted' if not specified in detail (I
need to read the other replies in more detail to work it out).

For example is it clear how to use resources like this [1] in the above
negotiation of body part dimensions? Or is this all out of scope?

Many thanks,
Dan.

[1]
https://www.ebi.ac.uk/ols/ontologies/uberon/terms?iri=http%3A%2F%2Fpurl.obolibrary.org%2Fobo%2FUBERON_0002387