Re: Generic Sensor API Editor’s Draft, 19 March 2019

Hi Ben,

> On 26 Apr 2019, at 15.27, Philippe Coval <philippe.coval.pro@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Fri, Apr 26, 2019 at 10:59 AM Abdellatif Ben <ben@rosietaxicab.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I have been doing a research about LIGHT API and I came across your website. I would like to get more details about Generic Sensor API and Real-time Ultraviolet Radiation.
>
> Hi,
> May this suggestion to add colorimetry to the ambient light sensor help too:
>
> https://github.com/w3c/ambient-light/issues/9
>
> Does this help ? so far only RGB is mentioned here (for the web) ,
> or are you looking for more advanced way to describe and visualize light?

Please review the existing Ambient Light Sensor use cases [1]. If you have a new use case in mind that's not yet addressed (e.g. related to UV) please open a new issue [2] and describe your use case in more detail. The group will evaluate proposals submitted for implementation feasibility, developer interest, privacy, and other consideration.

Thanks,

-Anssi (DAS WG co-chair)

[1] https://w3c.github.io/ambient-light/#usecases-requirements
[2] https://github.com/w3c/ambient-light/issues