Re: Call for Consensus (CfC) to close the Web Intents Task Force - Deadline October 29, 2015

> On Oct 15, 2015, at 11:32 AM, Mats Wichmann <mats@osg.samsung.com> wrote:
>
> On 10/15/2015 10:32 AM, Frederick Hirsch wrote:
>> This is a Call for Consensus (CfC) to close the Web Intents Task Force [1].
>
> It's clear the task force has been inactive, and with no deliverable in
> the charter I will send a +1 on closing.

+1

> Having been under a flood of other stuff I haven't been around much for
> a while now.  Can someone comment on _why_ the Web Intents work faded
> away?   Checking back in the web intents mail archives, I see Ian Dunlop
> asked this question a year ago and never got an answer. In Tizen we
> certainly use a system for web apps that is conceptually what web
> intents are for, and find it very useful - but it's homegrown and thus
> code using it is not portable.

I think it would be valuable to document -- on the wiki page, on the corresponding section of the DAP homepage, anywhere else that makes sense -- some summary from the Task Force about why work is being stopped and where continued discussions of the high-level idea are taking place. That is, let's try to help the people who are struggling with the same problem and hear about Web Intents to see the extent of past and ongoing work.

Also, the mailing list archive will remain; will the mailing list continue (for example for discussions of alternatives) or will it be shut down?

Thanks,
Nick