Re: Introduction of WebI2C and WebGPIO

On Mon, 19 Oct 2015 13:39:59 +0000
전종홍 <hollobit@etri.re.kr> wrote:

> Dear Satoru,
>
> Thanks for your information.
>
> Basically, I agree that we need to find some interfaces for controlling the hardware directly by web.
>
> But, I think there is a big clarification point.
>
> Your idea, browser based hardware access, should require “browser on every devices”.
> As you know well, general browser is required many computing resources (memory, computing power).
> Do you think many constrained devices can embed browser engines ?
> How many browser can support it for open source hardwares ?
>
> I think browser based model is not suitable for small limited devices.

You imagine microcontrollers such as Arduino, don't you?
If so, you are right.
But open source hardwares Satoru says are SBCs (single board computers)
such as CHIRIMEN[1], Raspberry Pi[2], ODROID[3], etc.

[1] http://mozopenhard.mozillafactory.org/
[2] https://www.raspberrypi.org/
[3] http://www.hardkernel.com/main/main.php

Nowadays, such SBC are really powerful, despite their prices are cheap.

I own all boards above, Chromium or Firefox runs perfectly on the boards.
You can watch how smoothly ODROID runs chromium here:
http://www.hardkernel.com/main/products/prdt_info.php?g_code=G143452239825

Cheers,

Futomi Hatano
Newphoria Corporation