Re: Standby API Specification Proposal

From: Kostiainen, Anssi <anssi.kostiainen@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 08:01:21 +0000
To: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
CC: Mats Wichmann <m.wichmann@samsung.com>, "public-device-apis@w3.org" <public-device-apis@w3.org>
On 21 May 2014, at 01:15, Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org> wrote:

> Le mardi 20 mai 2014 à 12:54 +0000, Kostiainen, Anssi a écrit :
>> By looking at the current and previous Charter, and the shelved System
>> Information API (that was published as a FPWD ~4 years before being
>> shelved, passing CfE), it seems we’re not too far off.
>
> I think assuming that people signing up on the group necessarily
> understood all that history is a bit large of an assumption :)

I just did some spec archeology out of curiosity because I recalled we discussed these topics already a long ago :)

>> But would be great to get an official blessing.
>
> I'm checking what process (if any) we should follow to determine whether
> we can reasonably call this in scope for our current charter.
>
> But this process considerations should not prevent work from starting on
> a converged API; assuming interested parties are willing to do the work
> in this group, we can always go through the rechartering process if this
> ends up being needed.

Thanks for helping move this forward. I let the interested folks know this group could be one potential candidate for this work, and asked them to provide concrete input to the group.

Thanks,