Re: [capture] HTML Media Capture implementor's feedback

On 11 May 2012 12:22, Rich Tibbett <richt@opera.com> wrote:

> Ben Murdoch wrote:
>
>> If the capture and accept attributes aren't compatible then Chrome for
>> Android will ignore the capture attribute. For example:
>>
>> <input type=file accept="video/*" capture="camera">
>>
>> Will result in a standard Android file picker filtered to only show file
>> sources that can provide video.
>>

> Great. There was an unresolved issue in the spec related to this so we
> should update the spec to say that the accept property, if provided, takes
> precendence over any capture value. We should also say that we should treat
> the capture value as null in such cases also and fallback to standard
> <input type=file> behavior.
>
> Do you also support, or plan to support the proposed extended media
> attributes for media-based file objects [1]? IMO this is an orthogonal
> discussion to implementing the capture attribute since it should also apply
> to any image/video/audio files obtained by other means (e.g. via a standard
> file picker dialog). It would probably benefit from a separate
> specification but your input would be helpful.

No plans at the moment. I agree it would probably be better placed in
another specification, perhaps part of the File API?

--
Google UK Limited

Registered Office: Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W
9TQ
Registered in England Number: 3977902