Re: [capture] HTML Media Capture implementor's feedback

Ben Murdoch wrote:
> If the capture and accept attributes aren't compatible then Chrome for
> Android will ignore the capture attribute. For example:
>
> <input type=file accept="video/*" capture="camera">
>
> Will result in a standard Android file picker filtered to only show file
> sources that can provide video.

Great. There was an unresolved issue in the spec related to this so we
should update the spec to say that the accept property, if provided,
takes precendence over any capture value. We should also say that we
should treat the capture value as null in such cases also and fallback
to standard <input type=file> behavior.

Do you also support, or plan to support the proposed extended media
attributes for media-based file objects [1]? IMO this is an orthogonal
discussion to implementing the capture attribute since it should also
apply to any image/video/audio files obtained by other means (e.g. via a
standard file picker dialog). It would probably benefit from a separate
specification but your input would be helpful.

Thanks,

Rich

[1] http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/camera/#idl-def-MediaFileData